Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
OmegaChrono
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:26 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you haven't already heard Atlus will be releasing Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES this month. I don't know if I'm the only one excited about this, but I never to play the original Persona 3 it retailed at $60 when it first came out and it's still around $45 used. Persona 3 FES will be released at $30 (according to ebgames.com) which sounds like a steal to me with a lot of extra content. Atlus RPGs have a tendency to be discontinued not long after they're released (try looking for Nocturne) so I'd suggest getting this as soon as it's released.

I also think it's to know that the expansions of RPGs are making it stateside. There are a few expansions of RPGs that I was looking forward to but never got to play. I think they were mostly Squaresoft games though (Final Fantasy X International and Kingdom Hearts 1/2 Final Mix).

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:51 am
quote : #2
Are you sure this is the FES Directors cut that we are getting? which would include the original Persona 3 and FES addons on one disc? or is the disc an expansion disc? Japan had a standalone expansion release, as well as an all in one directors cut. I have been unable to find any confirmation on this from Atlus.

I bought the original Persona 3 off of Amazon for $47.99 when it originally came out.

I will be buying Persona 3 FES as well, even though I havn't even begun to start playing Persona 3 yet. If there was a SMT game released in the US, then I must own it. Its sort of similar to Metal Gear. I own both Snake Eater and Subsistence and feel it is important to own both if I am a big fan of the franchise.
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:45 pm
quote : #3
I can't say for sure whether it includes the whole game with the extras, but I've been reading around the forums it seems that people are saying it'll be both. I assume it'll be on 2 separate discs, I don't have any definitive proof on any of this though it's all pretty much just speculation.

EDIT: I found some information: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/25/atlus-announces-persona-3-fes-for-the-us-on-april-22/
It turns out that it'll be on 1 disc rather than 2 and it'll include an "enhanced" version of Persona 3.