Page 1 of 2
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sun May 04, 2008 3:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
what is a good headset for ps2? ive been meaning to get one but i keep hearing horror stories of how a lot of them break after five minutes, anybody know of a good reasonably priced one?

shrap
rank 8
Posted:
Sun May 04, 2008 3:39 pm
quote : #2
i got my logitech off of ebay for about 20 shipping included about six months ago and haven't had any trouble with it. the wire is a little flimsy but i always put it up after i'm done playing with it so it does'nt get walked on or eaten by my dog which is what i hear happens to alot of them when they break.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sun May 04, 2008 3:40 pm
quote : #3
thats pretty good if it lasted 6 months, do u know the specific model ?

shrap
rank 8
Posted:
Sun May 04, 2008 4:01 pm
quote : #4
the model number is a0060a there is one on ebay right now that you can get with shipping to canada for $22 not bad a price.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sun May 04, 2008 4:10 pm
quote : #5
hmm just wondering do any usb headsets work on the ps2? because i would like to buy one that will work on my pc, ps3, and ps2

shrap
rank 8
Posted:
Sun May 04, 2008 4:15 pm
quote : #6
don't rightly know for sure but i think there is a logitech one out there for the pc that also works on the ps2.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sun May 04, 2008 9:15 pm
quote : #7
Any USB headset will work. It doesn't matter if you use it on a PS2, PS3 or PC, since USB is a universally supported standard.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sun May 04, 2008 10:34 pm
quote : #8
cool thanks

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Mon May 05, 2008 9:09 am
quote : #9
TheMytho wrote:
Any USB headset will work. It doesn't matter if you use it on a PS2, PS3 or PC, since USB is a universally supported standard.

I thought that was not the case with the PS2? Just found this old thread

http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2311&highlight=headset

Seems they dont all work so be careful what you get. Also dont buy the wireless one I bought thats non USB and meant for PS2, that thing never worked.

Laters
Posted:
Mon May 05, 2008 11:04 am
quote : #10
I've never heard of a USB headset not working on PS2 up until that thread. I've tried a few different sets out and all worked fine. I do think that you need to watch out for wireless USB headsets though. A PS3 and PC wouldn't have trouble recognizing it, but a PS2 might.

While I would have no problem picking any corded USB headset, the Logitech ones that are advertised as PS2 compatible are a sure thing.

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Mon May 05, 2008 4:30 pm
quote : #11
TheMytho wrote:
I've never heard of a USB headset not working on PS2 up until that thread. I've tried a few different sets out and all worked fine. I do think that you need to watch out for wireless USB headsets though. A PS3 and PC wouldn't have trouble recognizing it, but a PS2 might.

While I would have no problem picking any corded USB headset, the Logitech ones that are advertised as PS2 compatible are a sure thing.

Yeh odd thing was with that wireless headset is that it was a 3rd party headset intended for the PS2 Confused

Laters
Posted:
Tue May 06, 2008 4:23 pm
quote : #12
TheMytho wrote:
I've tried a few different sets out and all worked fine.

Please name which ones!!!
Posted:
Tue May 06, 2008 4:46 pm
quote : #13
This is the headset I have from Logitech:

rank 8
Posted:
Tue May 06, 2008 5:42 pm
quote : #14
that is the exact one i have as well and it works great for online play like i said i have not had any problem with mine in the six months that i have had it.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Tue May 06, 2008 11:20 pm
quote : #15
u know the model number? or where it is on amazon?