lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jyNjSAv_OuY

Chaos Wars now secures the crown as the game with the worst english voice acting of any game. It is SO bad. The people doing the voices actually stutter and get all of the phonetics wrong.

Thank god this game has Japanese voices also, with english subtitles!

O3 Entertainment published and localized this game in North America. It easy to say they screwed up, but did they really? Think about it. Most of the people that play this game are going to want to use Japanese voice overs anyway. So if you are a small company trying to pull a profit, why go nuts on professional voice actors when nobody is going to use the feature anyway? So they rounded up some office people and did the voices themselves. Clever. Hilariously bad, but clever.
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:26 am
quote : #2
Shizaku, the monster and the androgynous Yoichi took the cake (or should it be cheese?) in that video. The monster in particular send chills up my spine with that horrifying 'Keee' sound. And when Yoichi said, "Hi, Gate Master. Long time no see," it sounded wrong. Like child molester wrong. Not to mention the monotone-esque quality to his voice.

"You thought you were the only one who could open the SUMON gate?" Laughing

shrap
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:14 pm
quote : #3
oh god that bad. Shocked . we live in a world devoid of all emotion. the only way you can tell we are having a change in mood is that our eyes may widen in surprise but that has never been scientifficly proven since our eyes widen on random and no one can corealate for what emotion it is attributed to.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:40 pm
quote : #4
I had to turn it off mid way though Razz

gary_b
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:26 pm
quote : #5
this is awful i had to turn it off. i just couldn't take anymore. i am not one for text heavy games. but this is one i would defiantly want to read sub titles on instead of listening to them murder the script

Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:06 pm
quote : #6
The text is pointless because they speak slow enoguh to understand it...Yoichi sounds like if he was high or something
(I wonder who the dealer was cause thats some good stuff)
Posted:
Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:27 pm
quote : #7
Ok, Yoichi was a hella funny one but the rest don't really stand out to badly to me. I think that Castle Shikgami 2 game had the most laughable voice overs in it.
Posted:
Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:48 am
quote : #8
Chaos Wars' voice acting is worse that Shikigami 2's. Atleast the poor translation in Shiki 2 was funny. In Chaos Wars it's not even barable to listen to.

I think I should point out that this game is INSANELY RARE right now.

I cannot find a retailer online that is selling it besides scattered auctions on eBay. Average BuyItNow price is already at $60.00 and people are bidding on this game in force with 10+ bidders competing for live auctions.