Treamcaster
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:25 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Sup all?
Some of you may already know me from the DC forums..
anyways, I always had a PS2, but I am a noober! I never cared very much about it! DC is my passion!

However, now I bought the ethernet adapter in order to use an ide HDD.
I know that the PS2 has a huge list of online games, although waht I don't know is which of them are free to play.

Tell me all you can remember, specifically RPGs.

-Just an of-topic- I am an ./hack fan (just played/ finished the 1st volume long ago, but whatever!), I heard that in the past, maybe in 2004 there was a game only released in Japan that featured online play, but not for too long.
Does anyone know if there is any private server for this game, as for anyother Ps2 game?

P.S. Anyone here plays FFXI? How much is the online fee, and is it worth it?
Posted:
Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:43 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Treamcaster wrote:
However, now I bought the ethernet adapter in order to use an ide HDD.
I know that the PS2 has a huge list of online games, although waht I don't know is which of them are free to play.

Tell me all you can remember, specifically RPGs.

All of them are free to play in North America and PAL. The only titles that cost money to play online are FFXI Online, Phantasy Star Universe, and Everquest Online Adventures. FFXI and EQoA are only online in North America. The Europe servers for EQoA were taken offline. So your primary option for a pay for use online RPG would be PSU.

Treamcaster wrote:
-Just an of-topic- I am an ./hack fan (just played/ finished the 1st volume long ago, but whatever!), I heard that in the past, maybe in 2004 there was a game only released in Japan that featured online play, but not for too long.
Does anyone know if there is any private server for this game, as for anyother Ps2 game?

.hack fragment was taken offline. It is a rather hard to find japanese import as well.There is no server for this game. I think I should point out that private servers for any game, especially a console game are extremly rare. The only console games to feature any sort of server restoration by the community are PSO on DC/GC, Starlancer on DC, and the re-routing of some Tony Hawk games back onto gamespy.

Treamcaster wrote:
P.S. Anyone here plays FFXI? How much is the online fee, and is it worth it?

You will need an official PS2 HardDrive bundle to play this online. It is only available in North America and Japan. You cannot use it on a PAL system. You cannot use it with your own HardDrive. The monthly fee to play the game online is $12.95/mo.

--

I see you are a PAL user. Please see our Online Focus list, as well as Online Game list for information on choosing online games to play, as well as which games support cross region play between PAL & NTSC.
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:52 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
Thanks a lot for the information =D
I'll take a deeper look into this website. Sure has lots of goodies!