Page 1 of 1
Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:36 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
All of this started out when i wanted to see the diferences and advantages of early genration consoles when I got sidetracked by who and who made a deal and who killed it....(we all know which deal I am talking about). then i went back to the article(wikipedia). after i finished reading it I decide to see a whole list of consoles ranging from all gens. Interstingly i saw PSX. Now, i thought PSX was used as another term for PS in general but in fact it was a DVD-R/PS2/PS1 shoe box of a media...thingy...drive bigger looking than a PS3. Another thing i learned is that it was only released in japan(it doesn't mention NA anywhere..at all I think). i was thinking of actually getting one only if it allowed me to play both NA and JP(FYI it supports internet via Ethernet). I suggest you google up: psx.sony.co.jp so you can see a translated version of the site because i can't copy and paste links on a PS3 or just wiki-up PSX (DVR). thnx for reading...Quick Edit: it was realeased by SONY Corp itself and not SCE.........
Posted:
Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:16 am
quote : #2
Yeah, I remeber when they were talking about it, and all the media capabilities it was supposed to have it was supposed all in one set top box.
also reminds of the conversation my brother and I had ...
Bro: Have you heard about the PSX?
DaMan: That's just another name for the PS1
Bro: No, its not!
DaMan: I wonder why they would use the same name twice?
Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:07 am
quote : #3
Not that many units where sold is what i heard/ read so they stopped manufacturing those...I am still going to see if i can get one but then again if you checked out the prices of the PSX, that is what I can really call a real pocket slicer. If I can't get it for my self then i am going to get my older bro to see if he can help me out...with maybe a couple hundreds of dollars? i should go pop off to ebay right now or something. I think that the 7700 model is the priciest one which is the one with the 250gb. i already dreamt of having it in my livingroom last night(or the night i started this thread when i went to sleep).
Posted:
Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:05 am
quote : #4
woh thats pretty cool never knew it existed
Posted:
Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:53 pm
quote : #5
I got very exited when i first discovered it...it was almost like finding something i have been looking for for a long time!
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:21 am
quote : #6
what do you type in for your ebay search? i tried sony PSX and all i can find is tons of pages for the PS1.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:55 am
quote : #7
You'll have to check Yahoo Auctions Japan to find PSX units. Not recommended for those with low funds or no desire to fumble your way through Japanese.

Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:49 pm
quote : #8
damn....I forgot that it's Japanese only....thanks TheMytho...I should've done more research! I forgot to check the language.. Sad
Posted:
Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:36 pm
quote : #9
Oh yea, I read about this thing sometime ago in the unofficial PSM. I just said fuck it because it's features didn't interest me though...
Posted:
Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:04 pm
quote : #10
I'm not getting it no more just because it's only japanese... Crying or Very sad ....not that I hate japanese....I just don't know it...