Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
what is the main idea of the game!? I should get it at that store I saw it in...lol

BTW, does it have a single player mode?
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:08 pm
quote : #2
it has capture the flag and i believe there is also an assault mode. can be fun online but be warned the people who still play this will rape you and not even bother to buy you a drink before hand. Laughing

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:23 am
quote : #3
Tribes is just like Quake or Unreal, but with jet packs and added strategic elements. You have big frag type weapons that blast large ammunition the size of trash cans.This game set the standard for all wide open terrain shooters that followed its release. It was the first of its kind to really do this successfully, and in my opinion, no game has ever eclipsed Tribes in terms of matching the experience.

The big difference between Tribes and other shooters, is the armor classes. Bases in the game hold inventory stations which can be accessed to change between 3 different types of armor: small, medium, or heavy. This will effect equipable weapons, piloting or riding in vehicles, and your jet pack capabilities.

Tribes is not necessarily as straight forward as "run and gun". Depending on the mode you are playing, you have to learn about turrets, inventory stations, vehicles, etc etc. For a quick rundown on these features I recommend checking out our quick intro guide.

One of the biggest hurdles you will encounter, is learning to throttle your jetpack energy. This takes time to master. In a duel, you will tense up, resulting in a squeezing of the jet pack button. Of course you will be out of energy, and will either be left fluttering about on the ground trying to fend off enemy fire, or sinking like a rock which results in heavy damage as you splat against the ground. You need to relax, and after boosting into the air, let enough energy recover so you can ease your way back to the ground again without taking serious HP loss.
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:05 am
quote : #4
well, apart from all the shooting...is there a story to follow while I rest from online? or is it all one big deathmatch package!? I wouldn't mind getting the game if it doesn't have any single player but it would really be neat if it does...
Posted:
Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:25 am
quote : #5
Unfortunatly there is no storyline for single player. The offline modes are simply training for the online play, just like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament. There is a single player mission mode, however they are simply basic scenarios in multiplayer maps that are not very different from your average multiplayer match.
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:31 am
quote : #6
well, thats good enough....simply!