1, 2  Next
tess
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Since Tuesday morning I can't join any of the BF2:MC server games. It's been 2 days now. It's logging me to my Gamespy profile account and normally scans around those 20 games hosted but all of them have 0 players inside. When I try to join to any the connection loading scale doesnt move at all and after few seconds a message pops up that "Servers are not available. Please try later". Private messages work fine and come to receivers because I sent a message to one of my friends in list to ask if he has the same problem. He answered that he does. I tried both 60Hz and 50Hz modes. Gamespy stats also show less players than before. There always was not less than 60-100 players and now it says 2-5 who I don't even see in scanned games. 2 days is kind of too long for server maintenance.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:55 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Damn, really?? I've gotta check on this tomorrow...
Posted:
Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:43 pm
quote : #3
whao...if these servers start working again, I am going to probably start playing again before they do really go down....

someone at the community says: Too late Kannibal, you were just too late...Sad
Posted:
Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:43 pm
quote : #4
Went to the EA forums and they have a 5 page thread with players just as confused as us. I'm trying not to worry though.

There was a period of time last year when there were only 3 servers available at any given time. I remember constantly refreshing the server list until I could snag a free spot in one of the games.
Posted:
Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:02 pm
quote : #5
Hi guys I´m from Ecuador this trouble doesn´t happend only in Battlefild2, the Star Wars Battlefront has the same problem, please give an answer hurry, sorry for the grammatic in speak spanis...

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:04 pm
quote : #6
PACS1386 wrote:
Hi guys I´m from Ecuador this trouble doesn´t happend only in Battlefild2, the Star Wars Battlefront has the same problem, please give an answer hurry, sorry for the grammatic in speak spanis...
? Thats another thing I sometimes notice to. If one Gamespy hosted online game is on the fritz, others are to.
Posted:
Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:44 pm
quote : #7
This is a bad or good news???

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:10 am
quote : #8
PACS1386 wrote:
This is a bad or good news???

I'd say both. Bad because you can't play, but good since you know it's not just that one Gamespy hosted game.
Posted:
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:39 pm
quote : #9
That it is not good what I want is to play, you know any way about as to do it? Play in online again?

Posted Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:00 am:

Guys for this games look in Servers

Server Support

These servers currently cost $1,596.00 per year to run, and for over a year the administrator had been paying for this out of his own pocket. Aside from Phantasy Star Online (which requires special access to play at OC), all of our servers are free and open to the public for use. If you play on our servers, or are just looking to give back to the community, please chip-in what you can to help keep these servers running.

tess
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:49 am
quote : #10
Thank you Gforce that you found that EA BF2 forum. I was searching google all evening to find anything without result. What I read there it might be just a big server cleaning then sorry of a wrong alert Razz but I was kinda affraid and I'm still a bit until they will really bring them back up.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:42 am
quote : #11
PACS1386 wrote:
That it is not good what I want is to play, you know any way about as to do it? Play in online again?

Posted Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:00 am:

Guys for this games look in Servers

Server Support

These servers currently cost $1,596.00 per year to run, and for over a year the administrator had been paying for this out of his own pocket. Aside from Phantasy Star Online (which requires special access to play at OC), all of our servers are free and open to the public for use. If you play on our servers, or are just looking to give back to the community, please chip-in what you can to help keep these servers running.

I think it may be bigger than that , but then again, I read somewhere you could try to put in the exact IP address of your desired server.

And no problem tess, I'm just as curious as you about this. Freaking sucked balls not being able to play last night to..

Posted Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:08 pm:

Ok guys, the Battlefield servers are now back up.
Posted:
Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:38 am
quote : #12
Hi guys, yes the server return again in Star Wars Batllefront and Battelfiel too!!!
Esto si que es buena noticia, con todo muchas gracias amigo por avisar anteriormente...
See you in the battle...
Good Luck!!!

tess
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:59 am
quote : #13
In Battlefield they returned only few games as I noticed 2 or 3. The rest is still unavailable and doesn't let to join in (those without star marks). They are bringing them back slowly but they do.

PACS1386
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:12 pm
quote : #14
Hello, I have a question... How I open the parachute when I fall in the battlefield 2?

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:20 pm
quote : #15
PACS1386 wrote:
Hello, I have a question... How I open the parachute when I fall in the battlefield 2?
Triangle. Make sure not to deploy so early around enemies to. It's hella easy to pick someone off who deploys early.