Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:04 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Me and the Mytho tried playing but could not connect to each other, he tried hosting I tried hosting and nothing worked. Yet, I could join some other random guys game on their. Then I tried with Pannta, same thing, we could not join each other, but both could join another guy(he shut the game down b4 we could play) any ideas y this is happening?? The Mytho and Pannta both have slims, I have a fat ps2, but they both said they have played in the past with their slims, im stumped
Posted:
Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:42 am
quote : #2
Were Mytho and pannta on at the same time to try to connect to each other? It isn't network issues on your end is it?
Posted:
Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:58 am
quote : #3
no they didnt try to connect to each other, maybe it is on my end, but doesnt make sense that i can join others games

i just got done playing some games on it now , i saw in the instruction manual that says certain ports need to be open for firewalls and routers , so maybe that is the problem

"ports from number 10070 to number 10080, from 40000 to 40200, 41005, 41006,44000,45000 and port number 6667 are used (in both UDP and TCP protocols) by the game. So, if you have a firewall, you must open these ports. If you use a router with a unique IP address, and you want to create rooms and games ( so you can host a server), you must route these ports to your console."
Posted:
Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:28 am
quote : #4
Might be that, but who knows. On some games, particularly Midnight Club 3, I run into NAT negotiation failures and I'm directly connected to my modem.
Posted:
Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:22 am
quote : #5
wats nat
Posted:
Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:54 am
quote : #6
NAT is used in routers and maps all the network addresses onto one single IP. This is how routers allow multiple devices to access the internet at the same time. Sometimes, the outgoing packet's info gets lost in translation and presents a conflict when connecting (hence the reason why DMZ and Port Forwarding exist).

To add my 2 cents, I have always been able to connect to nikon's games perfectly. I forwarded the correct ports to my router and still nothing. I then took my roommate's ethernet cable (which was connected to the wall) and tried again to no avail. Next weekend, I could do a little testing with my fat PS2.

EDIT: After digging a little, I found a page on Ubi.com's support site with different ports. I remember visiting and using the info off of this page around four years ago. I don't feel like a dumbass now since I tried this and it is still borked. Guess we have pegged the bug down on the PS2 Slim.

Ubi.com wrote:
The following ports need to be open in your router or firewall, in order to play this game online:

IP:
216.98.52.0/24
Ports:
[TCP] 6667, 6668, 40000-42999
[UDP] 41006, 44000, 45000, 45001

IP:
Port:
[TCP] 80

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:47 am
quote : #7
id like to be able to host this too if lordnikon isnt around, i use zonealarm free edition for my firewall and cannot find anywhere to open ports, any one use zonealarm? also when I try to add the ip addresses i cant add a / between the 0 and 24
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:31 am
quote : #8
My knowledge on ICS is limited at best, but unless you are behind a router, I don't think you will need to forward any ports. Just kill any software firewalls while you play (ZoneAlarm, Windows Firewall).

The only way you can know for certain if you can host or not is to get on JS and host a game. Either message me when I'm on Jabber or just wait for a random to join your game.