Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
jjc5150
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:00 pm
quote : #46
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
I just saw the post, I just connected to the Master List and saw the new connection message / "dummy" server. Seems to be working ok. I will try to host a game ASAP to help you guys test it, etc,.......
No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:03 am
quote : #47
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just bought this game and setup a network config with 72.232.61.106 in the Primary DNS field. When I connected to the master list though, I did not see the "dummy" server and when I hosted a game it froze in about 10 minutes. Do I need to enter anything into the Secondary DNS field? Would people be able to see my game, if I can't see the "dummy" server, or is the fact that I can't see it means I didn't connect to the master list properly?
Posted:
Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:33 am
quote : #48
Noonothat and I tried playing this game online a few days ago. I had similar problems. My ps2 would say "working" for a long time and then it would freeze on the online screen. I could not see the master list and noonothats game until I had restarted my ps2 several times. I could then see the dummy list and noonothat's game, but I could not join him.

I think that I was not able to join him because my router is blocking me though.
Posted:
Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:24 pm
quote : #49
Type: NTSC-U
No_Limits, when you properly connect to the master list - you will see the dummy server on the server list. it says *master list - not a server, or something similar to that. you shouldnt have to enter anything in the 2nd dns field.

Lazybum - sounds like you need to set up your router so your ps2 is set up to be in the dmz. I can help you with it, but i'll need to know the brand and model of your router - you can PM me or IM me a message on Jabber.

I feel all of your pain when it comes to this - it literally took me over 3 years and 5 (yes 5) different routers, to finally find one that works flawlessly with online gaming - so I can definitely help you guys out with this Laughing
No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:37 pm
quote : #50
any idea's on why I can't connect to the MS?

I have DHCP set to Auto (but that shouldn't make a difference since Tribes doesn't use DHCP right?)
I also have set IP to auto.
But I entered in 72.232.61.106 in the Primary DNS field.
Posted:
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:17 pm
quote : #51
I'm having the same problem. I entered in 72.232.61.106 in the Primary DNS field however I am not seeing the dummy server which makes me think I am not actually on the master server. I would love to be able to play TAA online again!

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:26 pm
quote : #52
I just want to give everyone a heads up on Tribes. We are going to soon be innitiating a beta program, where people can apply to be proper beta testers where there will be some work involved if you plan to participate. It is the only way we can really pinpoint the bugs people are having. I have to formulate a page for this with full details. So stay tuned Wink
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:52 pm
quote : #53
Sounds good. I miss Tribes. I need to find my ps2 again. Razz

http://www.tribesaa.com
DFBelow
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 pm
quote : #54
If you could set up a dedicated server with bots , I would actually play often times, assuming enough people found out about it.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:49 pm
quote : #55
Well, there are enough of us here to get some 2 vs 2 games going at least once the master list problems get worked out. So when its hosted off the console bots are allowed and it will feel like a much fuller game.

I could try to test the beta of tribes, but will be moving soon and will be on a bad network setup for a month. So, I may not be much help.
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:08 am
quote : #56
OC's Tribes Aerial Assault master list is up and running after a recent bugfix revision. See here for details:

http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3781

Hopefully all of the problems should be worked out. Just remember that you should host from your PS2 console. The AADS server software has new compatibility problems with windows and runs extremely poor. So don't run AADS and then mistake that the problems you run into are because of OC's master list. Stick to hosting from the PS2 only.

Thanks all, and enjoy. Mr. Green
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:56 pm
quote : #57
Good news Smile
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:26 pm
quote : #58
Heh, awesome!
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:34 pm
quote : #59
OK, so how can I get a game going? My friend cannot see my game on the list. Do I have to actually click on the master list or what? maybe some step by step instructions would help me. first time trying to get the game online

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:51 pm
quote : #60
http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3781

Lordnikon already linked this for you to read. All you have to do is create a new ps2 network configuration and plug in the numbers on that link. Then when you boot up tribes make sure you pick that network configuration and you should be able to play.