Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
MasquedWarrior
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:51 pm
quote : #61
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, that's not all! You also must have the right ports forwarded. The easiest way to do this is to set your PS2 as a DMZ host. ( http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_getonline.php#5 )

BlingShyne2
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:46 pm
quote : #62
My god Nikon. You've done it again. Shocked

Missed you man! I'm really excited to play this reunion game, I think i've only played with you a handful of times so not only do you have to play, but you HAVE to be on my team.

Catch you on later I hope Very Happy

P.S. To those who don't know, Next to Rico, Mayhem and Skulli... LordNikon has been one of the biggest supporters of T:AA.
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I <3 Lord Nikon! Smile
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:55 am
quote : #63
TAA ML Released for public consumption and archivability. See here for info:

http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3828

Enjoy Mr. Green
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:19 pm
quote : #64
You know what this is great news! one of the biggest! Thank you so much!

http://www.tribesaa.com
teamR@@K!E
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:52 pm
quote : #65
yep its cool and works but no AADS yet

Tom
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:10 am
quote : #66
Type: PAL
So... Me and my friend have been struggling to play vs each other with no luck, or after about 30-1h of resetting ps2, reconnecting etc.
We have both set DNS to OC's and I have forwarded the needed ports to my PS2 when I create the game. Both sees the master list. Sometimes when he creates a game and quits, suddenly my game is in the lobby. Sometimes not.

Is the master list 100% working? I have a game running 24/7 now on my PS2 but still he cant see it when he tries to find it time to time...

I dont like Xlink but it looks like its going to be the only option to play tribes when master list is so unstable...

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 am
quote : #67
It's not that the master list is unstable, its that it needs proper testing and troubleshooting to refine the code. In a traditional software development environment at a company you have testers trying to break the software sp developers can rapidly fix bugs before software release. We don't have that luxury so all we could do was test it internally amongst a few players, and then release it. After that, we can only sit back and wait until someone comes to us with a problem. Then we can fine tune the code and fix any bugs. There very well could be some issues with the software that we are unaware of. Detailed information from users like yourself can help us fix those problems so everyone can play TAA smoothly and easily.

Tom are you hosting via AADS Dedicated Server or your PS2?

I checked the server logs and I matched your IP from this forum to the logs, and it states your server is hosting from port 29130.
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:23 pm
quote : #68
Thanks for fast reply! Yeah I know but I thought the testing was done and everything was supposed to work. But I can help you guys out.

Im hosting from my PS2. I have also AADS on my PC but i prefer PS2 with bots when the Tribes community is too small at the moment. I think when the master list is fully functional people are coming back (hopefully).

Oh port 29130?? Is that the default port? I thought it was 28000 to 28008 and 49150- something... I'll forward 29130 right away!

-

I also forwarded port 27999. Seems Tribes uses that port to send heartbeat to the master list that the server is still alive...

EDIT: After some packet logging I opened port 15101 too. Some kind of check packet...

Let me know if my game is now listed in the master list.

Tom
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:16 pm
quote : #69
Master list down at the moment? Doesn't show up in the lobby...

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:07 pm
quote : #70
Due to the Hurricane/Cyclone on the East Coast of the US, the Server is currently offline. I have no ETA when it will be back up. It is most likely that sometime this morning the datacenter ran out of diesel fuel on backup power, and now they are without power. One of 2 things have to happen: Trucks would have to get to the site with more fuel for the backup generators (unlikely) or the power has to be restored. So it is a waiting game right now.
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:07 am
quote : #71
The downloadable master list program is old right? Can you please upload the latest version? What differs from ver.1.1 and the latest? I have setup own DNS and master list and the program notice games but cant see the master list in the PS2 lobby....

Tom
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:23 pm
quote : #72
So... I managed to setup DNS and master list. Even if DNS is set correct and the master list recognize a game being created, I still cant see the game in the lobby. BUT If I create a game and leave and go back to lobby I can get lucky and actually see my friends game. The same happends for my friend when I created a game and he didnt see it...

I think its something about master list doesnt update after he recognize a game being created or something...

My friend doesnt have any ports open, still I can connect to him. When I create a game it uses totally random ports, and when my friend creates it always uses port 28000. Thats strange too.

Its like lotto if you can see a game or not with this master list... Smile

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:49 am
quote : #73
v1.1 is the latest version

Also, the OC hosted TAA master list is back up.

Thanks for the details, yea this is a re-occuring problem we have had with the master list. However we can't pinpoint what is causing this because its not the same for everyone. Some people such as myself never have these problems and can always see games in the master list without issue. Where-as others have issues seeing games in the list. It is especially difficult for us because we would need to be able to replicate the problem in order to fix it. So we need to pin down the exact nature of the issue before it can even be fixed.

Also, it is important to bring a third person into the testing (actually way more people). It may just be 1 person who is having issues, but without a third person involved, you guys may be assuming that both people are having issues.

Obviously there is a problem, and more involved testing is needed to try and sort out what is causing it.
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 pm
quote : #74
Nice its back online!

Ive been looking into the master list code and converted it to C++ and started to add a bunch of debugging outputs so its easier to see where the problem is. Im totally new into C++ coding, sockets and memory handling but this is a great program to start to learn with. Smile

Tom
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:44 pm
quote : #75
I found out the problem isnt the master list software. It IS actually 100% functional. The problem seems to be my router that cant port forward 28000, instead it gives random ports instead that is unreachable for other players to see. Even if the player receives the list of games been created included my game with strange port, Tribes doesnt show it in the lobby because wrong port.

This seems to be a common problem so I have to try another router now until I can continue. Smile