Page Location: Home > Tribes Aerial Assault > Topic
1, 2  Next
Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
The tribesaa.net ones seemed bogus, so I set out to find good files. With some google searching I found the following.

I'm not sure who saved this, if it's old news among you, or what the deal is, but it looks good. It's dated in 2004 and seems to be the last AADS Rico worked on. I wanted to post this up immediately, because there's a few who claimed to have run it, but never bothered to share any information. So proliferate it, and let's see how many servers we can get up if this is indeed what we need.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060713154626/http://aads.gamerplug.com/

Last edited by Nebular on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:18 pm
quote : #2

I DID IT I DID IT IDIOPRLKEJOKNFLKSNKLFNSKFNLKFSN

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:56 am
quote : #3
I ran this on a $200 walmart laptop with very little lag. Given this was an XP system, and only up to XP existed at the time.

I'd like to test this out and get more people into server to stress test it, but it looks good.

Some things: CHAT-TEST does not seem to work, and I still need to get telnet working to administer it. Someone a little more verse in computer science will be able to fly away with this stuff though.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:42 pm
quote : #4
Now you should schedule a game in the game organizer.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:10 pm
quote : #5
Quite a bummer. Seems like I'm the only one that can see it. I even tried using the injector download on tribesaa.net in tandum with it. Deeze still could not see it. Doesn't make much sense to me. I opened the DMZ port on the PC running the server as well like I do for my PS2 (and people can see that one).

Someone who is more verse in computer science and TCP/IP stuff is going to have to take over this problem. It's out of my skill range.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:08 pm
quote : #6
I need to see you host on a ps2 before you try that again. Rolling Eyes

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:47 pm
quote : #7
Np, You been in my ps2 games. The one with Fardeath, we hosted that night.

This is another problem. Some sort of discrepancy between ML and AADS.

bobz1993
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:48 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
I've been running this for quite some time. Haven't played in a while, but continue to run. Only issue is that I also run a master list and the server points there, so only people who are familiar with my site have probably heard of it.

Even tampered around with php-telnet (http://www.geckotribe.com/php-telnet/) and made my current server info available and somewhat manageable from a webpage which you can see at http://bobzent.info/tribes.php

From experience, this version is still very buggy and there are no bots. Players will sometimes be dropped and a bit after starting it, it may stop showing up on the listing.

Snafu Organizer
rank 34
Posted:
Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:01 pm
quote : #9
It does crash and you can't have bots on a AADS. Now if we have access to another AADS program that you can run under your master list might work.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:57 pm
quote : #10
Hey there bobz, thank you for posting. Can I ask you how you were able to get it onto the Master List? What are your router's forwarded settings? The only problem with my version is that other people cannot see it. It is A1 ok as far as lag and play-ability, I just need other people to play in it.

fLiP
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:16 pm
quote : #11
Type: ???
Have you tried running and confirming an AADS without using the Master List settings?

The way I understand it, is that the old copy of AADS from years ago isn't going to work optimally. Until the AADS program is rewritten to today's networking standards, playing on locally hosted servers makes for a better experience with less lag and disconnects.
Posted:
Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:28 pm
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U/C
Found a copy of AADS v0.4.0.00 on a flash drive also have aads injector 1.0 and taaml 1.0 if anyone is interested. Still looking for my other versions of AADS. The one in the op link is v0.4.1.00

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:49 pm
quote : #13
I'll take the injector and the aads file please alien. Honestly, maybe we could find a way to pay ricochet to code it. How long would it take? I wouldn't mind throwing in $20 or so.

Alienhideout
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:51 pm
quote : #14
Type: NTSC-U/C
Nebular, pm me your email (if you feel comfortable doing so) and I will send you the files.

Nebular
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:57 pm
quote : #15
Pm'd. Thx. Did you try to host 4.0 recently?

I'd like to try to host 4.1 while hosting the most recent ML in tandem, but I don't really know how to do that or if that would work. It would just represent another "if it works" scenario.

We could keep trying different things, but our honest best bet is getting someone who is capable of program changes. I.e. Rico. Even offer some cash. I would have no problem making a donation.