Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I see it's coming out for the PS2, but I don't see any PS2 gameplay footage anywhere. Any ideas??
Posted:
Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:04 pm
quote : #2
i play the game this morning for a few minuts, it was fun!
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=83waV6jqk7M
Posted:
Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:36 pm
quote : #3
Wow! That does look good. Is it online??
Posted:
Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:13 pm
quote : #4
in the comments on that youtube video, some1 says its not online, sad because i like ww2 shooters online and probably would have got this if it had online, cod3 was fun but servers make it almost unplayable.
Posted:
Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:57 pm
quote : #5
Crying or Very sad Damn shame man.
Posted:
Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:02 pm
quote : #6
Yea I read through like all the comment on the video, no online Sad I watched that gameplay too, and it looks pretty decent, Do not think I am willing to pay 40 bucks for it though.
Posted:
Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:13 am
quote : #7
Gforce wrote:
Wow! That does look good. Is it online??

Seems the bigger release will now ignore the PS2 and try to head people towards next gen consoles.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:06 am
quote : #8
Lets keep this onpoint with just the PS2 version please.

I think with World at War on the PS2, you have to ask yourself whether you like to plod your way through generic WWII FPS single player storylines. If you played through MOH Frontline, Rising Sun, European Assault, Airborne, COD Finest Hour, "BRO", and 3... and you ended up enjoying yourself playing through all of these campaigns, then yea World at War would be something to look into.

At this point I don't feel World at War is going to break new ground in the genre. Given the past track record of shotty framerates in these games, expect the game to probobly sludge along with framerate drops. The game is retailing for $39.99. This is simply too much money. The game should have an MSRP of $29.99.

Lets just for a moment compare your world war 2 options on the PS2, at retail, right now:

If you havn't actually played any previous WW2 games, you could get MOH Collection for 29.99 which contains 3 whole games. You can also get Call of Duty Legacy, which includes both Call of Duty Finest Hour, and COD2 Big Red One (this version has LAN, online forever). Plus you don't have to go to some crappy game store and buy them all crumpled and used. These two compilation bundles are selling brand new on Amazon.
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:34 am
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
Lets keep this onpoint with just the PS2 version please.

I

It was just an observation based on what I have seen in stores over the last 3-6 months. Franchises that once were stuck on Net play games have now dropped the feature.

As for World at war from what I have read this game had pretty positive comments and pre reviews. Ive never played one and this wouldent appeal to me but as Lordnikon said if you enjoyed the other you will probably enjoy this one.

Laters