Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I noticed a version of Persona 3 FES for sale with the artbook and soundtrack, however back when I bought Persona 3 FES, I don't believe this version was available. I just have the standalone release of FES. However I DO have the original release of Persona 3 that came before FES, with artwork and soundtrack.

Is the CD and Book that comes with each release the same? or are they different?
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:16 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-J
were you able to compare the outside covers? if they look the same on the outside, i would guess they hold the same content. i dont imagine that atlus would release two seperate artbooks or soundtracks for the same game. honestly i dont know, but that would be my guess. they probably re-printed the the artbook and re-pressed the soundtrack for people who missed it the first time around.

Last edited by Manji on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:37 pm
quote : #3
Would you happen to have a link to this? I've only seen the standalone version sold both online and in stores, so a bundled version of FES would be news to me.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:12 pm
quote : #4
The original Persona 3 came with a outer box sleeve. I cannot seem to find any pictures of a FES edition like this. All I know is Amazon is selling a version with artbook and CD. So I don't know yet whether that means it comes in a similar FES themed sleeve, or if they are loose items shipped along with the game.
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:21 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
The original Persona 3 came with a outer box sleeve. I cannot seem to find any pictures of a FES edition like this. All I know is Amazon is selling a version with artbook and CD. So I don't know yet whether that means it comes in a similar FES themed sleeve, or if they are loose items shipped along with the game.

One of the user reviews at amazon addresses this.
Quote:
the "bonus materials" are the same as the ones included in the original release of the game, not updated for Fes. Its effectively the same as the original release except there's the updated Persona 3 FES in the box instead of the original Persona 3. An AMAZING deal if you're just getting into the game, but not worthwhile (and actually quite frustrating) if you're a fan hoping for new swag.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:56 pm
quote : #6
I did some poking around and confirmed it is actually Persona 3 FES, inside the original Persona 3 LE cardboard sleeve, with the artbook. This seems far too mixed for my taste. I don't get whether Amazon did this, or Atlus. Either way wouldn't want that version and I don't even consider it a true limited edition.

So I guess I will be sticking with my Persona 3 LE and Persona 3 FES standalone version.