quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I tested all the Mouse and KB compatible PS2 FPS's that I own:

• Deus Ex
  • Half-Life
  • Red Faction 2
  • Unreal Tournament

Red Faction 2 is a total bust with regards to MS+KB. The dual analog controller support is fantastic with very fluid aiming precision. However the mouse and keyboard support is very bad. There is bigtime mouse lag, and some jerky aiming.

Half-Life and Unreal Tournament work the best. Both offer complete customization of the controls.

Deus Ex is good as well with no mouse lag, but you are stuck with a default control scheme with WADS or Arrows being used for movement. I usualy like to map it to ESDF, and use A for jump rather than the spacebar. So for this game I would have to use the controller, but for anyone else this may not be a problem.

Other games I have yet to buy/text include:

• Soldier of Fortune: Gold
  • Star Trek Voyager Elite Force
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:52 am
quote : #2
Huh, yea using esdf for movement and a for jump sounds like a real good idea. I have soldier of fortune gold but cant really test it because I woudn't know if it performed good or bad haha.

And for games on the ps2 that already are on pc, do not really get the point of including mouse and kb controls. Like people probably are getting them on ps2 so they can use the controller. Why I plan to get halflife on ps2 instead of pc.
Posted:
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:58 am
quote : #3
(Controller vs MS&KB or Platform choice are things I would prefer to leave out of this discussion. I don't want this thread to center around a debate on these things.)

I tend to prefer mapping ESDF with A to jump for the following reason: On the PC I use the Arrow keys, and the right CTRL to jump. However on consoles such as the PS2/DC I use mini keyboards which prevent me from properly accessing the arrow keys. So by mapping this to ESDF and A I get a similar setup.

Half Life has by far the best Mouse & Keyboard support. This is probobly due in part that the game runs at a near 60fps about 80% of the time.
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:37 pm
quote : #4
The only game I have tried that is both Mouse+Keyboard is unreal tournament which is what initially got me into PC gaming a long time ago...I remember that you can use the DS2 analog while being able to move the the Keyboard.

Very Happy