Page 1 of 2
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:53 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think I am in love with this game. I planned on getting a bunch of reading done today, but this game was just too addicting. Kept crawling back to it like a crackhead every 20 mins. I really like weird unique games like this. The simple yet fun game play is great too. It is so satisfying when you finally grow big enough to run over something like a cat that has been harassing you all game long or when you run over people. Actually the more I think about it, this game is kinda violent. You are really just massacring people and destroying the earth to make some pretty stars, but o well haha.
Posted:
Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm
quote : #2
When Katamari Damacy came out, I thought it was one of the most innovative games I had ever played, even though at it's core it was so simplistic.

The problem was, my girlfriend at the time absolutely loved it, would play it all the time, would hum songs from the game, and so on.

Then, we had a horrendous breakup. It was terrible. Really, really terrible.

So now I can't play Katamari Damacy or it's sequels without thinking of her and getting angry. That was years ago, but still, to this day, that despicable woman has ruined Katamari for me.

The best part about the game is that you have to replace the stars because the King of All Cosmos went on a bender and drunkenly destroyed them.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:41 pm
quote : #3
That sucks man. Hopefully one day you can enjoy this game again.

Yea I read in a review that in the Japanese version that guy was a drunk. Wish they showed that in the us version. It would have made things even funnier.

I also really like the weird short cutscenes after levels. That animation style just looks so awesome.
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:29 pm
quote : #4
hey ein there is a solution to start enjoying the game again. whenever you roll up a female you could pretend its her and that your doing the world a service by rolling her up. Laughing that game is also very much addictive. when i owned it i played it all the way through in a couple of sittings. then i would go back and play the endless level just for the enjoyment of rolling around and listening to the music. can't remember its real name but my favorite tune is something with cherries in it.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:23 pm
quote : #5
Ahhh, I'm going to get this game myself soon. On paper the concept doesn't sound exciting, but I'll see for myself one of these days.
Posted:
Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:39 pm
quote : #6
Katamari Damacy is a great game to chill out with. I love sitting in mode where you view the stars & constelations you have built. The music there is great.
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:27 pm
quote : #7
Yea that place is cool. I need to go back and play this game with my component cables in. I also like how every item you ever rolled up is listed and even had comments under them. Some of them are pretty funny. Like they have a big fat blonde texas looking guy wearing a flag colored shirt called like "The American".
Posted:
Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:27 pm
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
Katamari Damacy is a great game to chill out with. I love sitting in mode where you view the stars & constelations you have built. The music there is great.

I love the soundtrack in Katamari Damacy, I'd love to aquire it someday, just for shits and giggles.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:10 pm
quote : #9
Other people seem to like this game a lot too haha. http://kotaku.com/5168388/katamari-damacy-gets-ported-to-nike-dunks
Posted:
Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:33 pm
quote : #10
lazybum wrote:
Other people seem to like this game a lot too haha. http://kotaku.com/5168388/katamari-damacy-gets-ported-to-nike-dunks

Haha, at the risk of a blow to my manliness, I'll say those are pretty clean.
Posted:
Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:15 am
quote : #11
I would wear those.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:20 am
quote : #12
http://kotaku.com/5194973/katamari-makes-thrift-store-paintings-better

lol some guy is painting katamaris on random pictures
Posted:
Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:03 am
quote : #13
damn...when played the demo that came with some SoulCaliber game I bought a while back...I immediateely went back to the store and bought it...

the music for it is really really controversial.....I even tried looking for downloadable mp3 files but failed...
Posted:
Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:38 am
quote : #14
Oh wow cool. There is a katamari demo on one of the Namco Transmission demos? Did the demo come in Soul Calibur 2 or 3?
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:11 am
quote : #15
This thread just reminded me that I needed to play this game again. I brought it out and played it like 2 hours nonstop. I just discovered I had unlocked eternal 2 and 3 and played those levels until I got every single object possible haha.