Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:34 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I still cannot believe how expensive the Sega replica Saturn pads are. These were released only in Japan, and have become quite rare. I think from a previous post Einhander said he has one? I really want to get one of these because I don't have Saturn adapters for other consoles, but I have PS2 adapters for almost every console I own. Plus this would be perfect to use for the Sega Ages 2500 series games. They are going for as high as 140 dollars on Yahoo Japan. Which I simply don't have the cash for right now.
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:22 pm
quote : #2
I don't have one. I was saying in the thread about the Sega Ages games I got that I really want one, mainly for Virtua Fighter 2.

You said in the same thread that they were expensive, and afterward I looked around online, and Jesus, you were right. I would kill a man for one of the white ones. I think the closest thing I'm going to get to a Saturn PS2 pad is one of those six button Street Fighter pads that were released years ago. I'm really kicking myself for not getting one then, since I worked at a GameCrazy at the time and we had so many of them in overstock we marked the price down to $10 each.

They are six button, and have triggers, I've heard they are rock solid but I don't know how well they would emulate the original Saturn feel.

Probably the closest thing to an actual Saturn pad on the PS2 without dropping over a hundred bucks though. Lately I've been using the stick that came in the Tekken 5 Collector's bundle that I got super cheap, and I'm getting a lot better with it.

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:08 pm
quote : #3
If it is an arcade game, like Fighting Vipers or Golden Axe then I will of course use one of my arcade sticks. However for Sonic or Phantasy Star, I really need a decent control pad. The price on those 3rd party capcom pads is tempting, but knowing how much of a purest I am, I guess I would feel like I am playing with a gimped setup. I crave the real deal hehe.

If only they made a Saturn to PS2 adapter, I could use my real saturn pads of which I have a gillion of.
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:29 pm
quote : #4
Some dude at Shoryuken built his own adaptor, and released all of the info on the net. He even managed to get start+select (start is start+A and select is Start+B). A lot of the technical stuff is beyond my understanding, but if you understood it (or knew someone who did), you could likely build your own for much less than buying one. The cost of parts can't be anywhere near the cost of tracking down one of those pads.

I actually found out about it while I was looking for art to replace the image on the stick I own. The guys on Shoryuken are crazy.

I really suck at fighting games, but to be able to play Sega Rally 1995 on a PS2 with a Saturn pad would be awesome.

wiregrind
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:48 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U
man, I need one of these, my current pad sucks.

(sorry I just HAD to necro a forum last updated in 2010)