Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:10 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I mean like I had trouble seeing things at first because the game is so dark. Like it seems like unless the sun is directly on me or my car it is really hard to see around the environment. I first tried turning up the brightess in game all the way and that still didnt help much. I then had to crank my tvs brightness up super high to see stuff in the game. Now it is better, but I was wondering if anyone else found the game overall too dark. Like it seems they tried to make the lightning effects too good since they change with the time of day and make things hard to see.
Posted:
Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:49 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-J
i'm not sure about the brightness, it's been a long time since i played san andreas. i do make sure i have 'trails' off in the display options though. makes things more clear, more sharp, less blurry.

gRiMgRaVy014
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:26 am
quote : #3
I never really experienced the darkness that you're mentioning with GTA:SA when I played through it last.

Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:53 am
quote : #4
I think this is supposed to be a realistic effect or something...cause you in LA alter ego...hahaha

in real life when you are facing the sun and someone is headed towards you, you barely see their faces and what not...right?

I think R* is capable of pulling this stuff off...
Posted:
Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:26 am
quote : #5
Yea, I know they are trying to make the game mimic how the sun and stuff really works, it is just annoying tho sometimes. I dont need a virtual glare blinding me in games lol.
Posted:
Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:30 pm
quote : #6
yeah...that effect really botheres me when I am trying to make CJ look cool in the closet...but the light makes him darker than trhe clothing I pu on him....and when I put on light clothes, it looks kind of dirty...