Page 1 of 1
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6207106.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=topstory&tag=topstory;title

It is going down from 130 bucks to 99 in the U.S. Good to hear in case my fatty breaks.
Posted:
Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:13 am
quote : #2
It took nine years, but we finally see a $99.99 pricepoint on the PS2 (for comparison's sake, it only took around 4 years for the PS1 to hit $99).

I figured this would have happened over a year ago, but what do I know?

This is really good news for anyone who needs a secondary or replacement console, and the borderline impulse-buy price just means that the PS2 will still sell like crazy, making the "ten year lifespan" that Sony mentioned years ago a reality.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:07 pm
quote : #3
Yea it is pretty shocking that it just made it to 100 bucks. I still think that is kind of expensive for how long it has been out, but apparently there is still a lot of demand for them. If mine broke I would be forced to buy another as soon as I could since ps2 is my main console.
Posted:
Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:06 pm
quote : #4
I still think dollar for dollar the PS2 is one of the best purchases anyone can make for a gaming system. With integrated free online, tons of LAN games (which means online forever), and a monster library of titles, its an all in one complete system. I am glad it finally dropped to 99 as well. I already own like 8 PS2's all working and functional... so I don't need to buy another one yet. Though its comforting to know the option is available.

Last edited by lordnikon on Sat May 23, 2009 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:11 am
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
I still think dollar for dollar the PS2 is one of the best purchases anyone can make for a gaming system. With integrated free online, tons of LAN games (which means online forever), and a monster library of titles, its an all in one complete system. I am glad it finally dropped to 99 a well. I already own like 8 PS2's all working and functional... so I don't need to buy another one yet. Though its comforting to know the option is available.

yeah dude...
many people I've known have also agreed with getting a PS2 is probably the best thing money can buy
pretty much anyone can literally build a public library of PS2 games and never be bored...I still have a "GODLIKE" stack of games...and some I still have yet to play, but I can't because I constantly keep picking up my old games with split screen in them!!!

to sum it all up...if you get a PS2...there is no way that there is a game that isn't for anyone....anyone will always find a type of game that will suit them...
Posted:
Sun May 10, 2009 5:04 pm
quote : #6
This price = about £65 in British. Have to say I would never consider buying a new PS2 when the used market is so cheap especially if you have all the cables etc. I buy at auction quite a lot and at the last auction a lot of four and a lot of three PS2's went unsold Shocked Shame I wasent at the auction personally or I probably would have scored them for £10. Ive been selling used PS2's on ebay for £25 to £29 with no leads. Oddly it seems I can sell a used PS2 with no leads for more than a complete one. Seems typing "PS2 console only" into ebay brings up a specific set of results so maybe buyers dont know they can get one with leads and a controller for less.

Laters
Posted:
Sun May 10, 2009 6:19 pm
quote : #7
Well like for me I have no idea how to fix problems with used ps2's and would rather pay a little more for a new one. That way I know exactly what treatment or mistreatment the console has undergone since it will all be done by me. Most people do not take care of their consoles like us hardcore gamers do.