Topic: Destruction derby 3 ps1?

Page 1 of 1
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:37 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Was there a Destruction derby 3 for the PS1? I am picking up odd bits of information saying there was with a release in 2000. Cant find any for sale though or any art box shots reviews etc. Destruction derby raw was released in 2000 for the ps1 I wonder if sources are confusing the two or if it has a variety of titles in other game regions?

Anyone knows let me know Very Happy

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:22 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I looked and I can't find any information on a Destruction Derby 3. I think they may be referring to RAW. Was it a legitimate sequel? or was RAW like an updated version of the original?
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:58 am
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
I looked and I can't find any information on a Destruction Derby 3. I think they may be referring to RAW. Was it a legitimate sequel? or was RAW like an updated version of the original?

Raw is a stand alone part of the series and is different to both 1 and 2 in a lot of aspects. I think like you say people are calling Raw part 3. Your favorite source of mis information wikipedia has Destruction derby 3 and raw as seperate games both released in 2000.

Laters

EDIT: A closer look at Wikipedia and I have found an actual page for this game which may explain some things. This game never got a NA release due to problems which are not very well explained. This is why I cant find a Gamespot review for the game. Sales were very low and are Pal only again due to the not very well documented problems, so maybe why I dont see any on ebay. From a brief look around this is so say a good game Very Happy Looks like its the missing link for me in that it has the same kind of scoring system as Demolition racer no exit on the Dreamcast. If it runs like DD2 and has Demolition racer scoring I could have a blast with this. Also looks like lots or tracks etc as well Mr. Green Gonna have to try and track this down.

Laters

Another edit: I am now again not sure if this game exists. If it does think it will be mega rare.

What I have found

A wikipedia page for this game
Some pictures of the game on Youtube and some comments about it. Link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XOJH7U7uPU

What I cant find

Any copy of this game for sale
Any photos or box shots
Its not in any lists I have found of pal games (unofficial lists)
Any reviews of this game

My current thinking is the youtube pictures are a bit suspect so maybe its just a hoax. Anyone know the game shown in the youtube video?

Laters