Topic: online sports/racing games

Page 1 of 1
jcdenco
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Are there any sports or racing games that are still online and will be for a while?

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:03 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
(Since this has to do with Game Recommendations, I moved this to the Support Area under Getting Online)

Sports games are titles that this website does not focus on at all, but the usual trend is that they go offline very regularly, and the player populations in those games depleat like clockwork as users migrate to newer versions. If you are looking for spots games that will be online for a long long time, so you can try and find maybe 1 person to play against, then look for the games hosted by GameSpy. Early Midway games like NFL Blitz. Though, you would have to find someone else that has the game to play it which could be difficult. Especially since this site doesn't really play sports games.

For racing games, practically every single racing title is on gamespy so they should be online for a very long time. I would say the top 2 series are Toca and Midnight Club in terms of game quality.

As far as player populations however it is hard to really recommend games based on this, as this community plays games inspite of their current player populations. Meaning we play the best games, rather than constantly migrated to the games that have people on them.

If you visit out Online Game List at the top nav, you can find a full list of PS2 online games. The games that have a gamespy icon in their host column, the icon can be clicked to access current online stats for the game.

As far as OnlineConsoles is concerned, we focus on Jak X Combat Racing, and Midnight Club 2. For jak X you would need to tunnel it's LAN capabilities online over a third party tunneling app such as XLINK to play it now as it's official online fucntions were terminated. Midnight Club 2 is still online of course, and you may find some randoms out there playing it online at off hours, but for the most part, to get some quality matches going, you will need to hit up some users at this site who own it. We also like to tunnel Midnight Club 2 over XLINK even though it is still online, because we can then turn on car traffic which is only available in LAN mode.
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:44 pm
quote : #3
Fifa 08 is online for long time..... I think Ea sport doesnt intend to shut down the server at least not now.

Last edited by Adrianobr on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
My current online games i got and play: The fast and the furious Tokyo drift., Fifa 08 , NBA 08, Nascar 09, Killzone, Flat out 1, Motogp 04, Star wars the battle field 2, Call of duty 3, Test drive unlimited.
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:13 pm
quote : #4
Blitz: The League is the only sports game I intend to get to play online.