Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:40 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I spent the last 2 days going through the Konquest mode in MK Deception. The unfortunate part about Deception is that a large portion of the character roster, as well as alternate costumes and fighting stages are locked, and can only be unlocked after playing the Konquest mode. For me the bread and butter of MK is the arcade mode. So to have most of the Arcade mode's features locked away was incredibly frustrating. Now I have all of the characters unlocked and can finally play as all of the characters.

I do have some positive things to say from playing through Konquest mode. It was nice to explore some of the worlds based on the MK Universe in an adventure setting. Running around them and taking in the MK mythos was definatly cool. It also really helps that the game runs at 60fps! One of the things you have to do in Konquest mode is train with various fighters of the game. You go through most of the fighting moves for about 12 characters in the game. This takes a long time to go through, and can start to get tedious, but I felt going through this was very very important. The timing, moves, and combos are rather different than other fighting games.

For example, you can't jump straight up. You can only jump backwards and forwards. Also you can't launch an attack when flipping backwards. You can only attack when flipping forwards.

I am an avid fighting game player. Unfortunatly I come into a game like Mortal Kombat Deception assuming it would control like a King of Fighters game. So getting comfortable with how Deception plays is critical, and going through the Konquest mode helps you with this bigtime. So if you played Deception briefly and felt the entire experience to be akward, try and make your way through Konquest mode. I highly recommend it.

At the very end of Konquest mode 1 player will stand in your way. The fight is pretty difficult, so try to keep a cool head and not get discouraged. It will take you a while before you beat him, and learning a few combos and blocking is must.