Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:20 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Jak X: Combat Racing on Xlink

lazybum
noonotthat
themytho

We got a lot of races in. We also got some deathmatches and sport hunts in. It was also cool being able to use our headsets over xlink with this game.

I recorded our gaming session on my vcr and will get around to uploading it to youtube when I get some time.

Videos

Posted Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:53 pm:

This is from our xlink session on 7/17/09. The players were me, noonotthat, and themytho.

Video 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQnhDAcTyfo (2 races)

video 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZHR42lO3R8 (deathmatch, sport hunt)
Posted:
Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:16 pm
quote : #2
Compared to the stuff I've put up in the past, that video quality is really great! Are you able to capture video and audio together from the VCR without any desynch? A lot more of my videos would have the game's audio if I didn't encounter such bad desynch issues with audio.

Oh yea. Now that I've seen this game in action, I gotta ask. Do you prefer this to TMB or are the games just to different to compare? Wow, this game also seems to handle lag really well to.
Posted:
Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:51 pm
quote : #3
Yea I had no problems with the audio and video getting desynchronized when capturing from the vcr. And yea, even when I was on my crappier connection during the school year lag never interfered much with the game.

I personally prefer this game over tmb. I liked how this game was really easy to get into. I need to put a lot more time in tmb to get more familiar with it before I can make a real comparison though.
Posted:
Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:59 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Would like to play some Jak X with someone from Europe (since that's my only option).