Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:06 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
My attempts to get my ps2 to read blue discs again did not work. I tried all 60 positions for that white gear inside the ps2 and it did not improve anything.

So, I am forced to buy a new ps2. I am guessing that the newest version of the slim ps2 (90001) will be the only one I can find new in stores. I was wondering if any of you have this version and if so is there any problems you have encountered with it?

I will keep my fat ps2 since it still plays silver ps2 discs and ps1 discs. I may also look into getting a harddrive for it in the future so I can play ps2 games without worrying about my ps2 dying from playing discs.

Posted Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:50 pm:

Well I picked up a slim ps2 last night at target. It is the 90001 model and is silver so I will let you guys know if there are any problems I notice with this model.

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:38 am:

I just opened the box of this ps2 today so I could get all my consoles setup. This thing is so freaking small! It its smaller than my nes and snes! There is an idiotic design element to this model of ps2 though. They put a freaking vent on the bottom of the system Rolling Eyes Wtf. Again, wtf! This means that when like 90 percent of the people who buy this keep the ps2 flat horizontally one of the vents is needlessly blocked. Why did they not just put this vent on the top of the system? That way even if the ps2 was vertical the vent would be free.

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 am:

Well, the system seems to run very cool even though that bottom vent is blocked. After an hour of so of gaming I touched the ps2 and it did not feel warm at all. The back vent seems to be the main one and I could feel air blowing out of it.
Posted:
Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:04 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-J
i have a 90000 series PS2, although it's a ceramic white Japanese system. seems there are also vents on the side nearest to the controller ports. maybe that's another spot they placed the vent so it could either cool from the bottom or side, depending on which angle the user wants to set their PS2.

Karlsuke
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:52 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
Does the PS2 have small feet it stands on? My Notebook also has a Vent at the bottom but it works (Although playing games for over an hour leads to crashes). If the PS2 has those feet, I think the Space it creates is enough to suck up cool air.
Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:30 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am pretty sure there are very small feet on the bottom, but the space it creates is like millimeters high. Even if that space is big enough for air to get through, that means that dust and lint can get through too and will probably end up blocking that vent anyways.