Posted:
Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
July 28th/29th 2009
Players (3): TheMytho, Gforce, noonotthat
Duration: 10:45 PM to 1:15 AM (EDT)

Had an absolute blast on Cold Winter last night. I started with vanilla Deathmatch and ran team games once we had some more players enter, including Gforce.

We also played by far the laggiest game I have ever had on any FPS on PS2 once a French player joined our game. It was mayhem as people were darting around the screen, doing this bizarre crouch shuffle. People were getting stuck in loops, running, then crouching over then jumping up and repeating. It was like watching a Looney Tunes cartoon with frames of animation being spontaneously cut. Gforce and I were howling with laughter as we would be pouring lead into these people and watching them drop dead during their little dance. Laughing

We had some good team games of King of the Hill and Head Match once connections stabilized. Gforce and I were playing with a 9 year-old girl on our team (?!), which made us wonder where this young girl's parents were. She actually did pretty decently, covering us while we captured the data nodes and getting a respectable number of kills while protecting the nodes. She was also one of the more well behaved persons I have come across on any online game.

After Gforce left and I was about ready to call it a night, noonotthat expressed interest in a match of Cold Winter. We played a 1v1 for a little bit until he suggested we play XIII so lazybum could join in.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:25 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea, that Misa chick was cracking me up. I just kept hearing all these random "oooohs" , "ahhhhhhhs", and "whooooaas" and I kept thinking it was some friend that was watching Mytho play. After about a half hour of thinking, "wth is that" I realized it was her!

I really do think I started to like that game a little more to. Like I said last night, the games stunted sensitivity and pace always got on my nerves, but as I watched you play, I noticed you got more kills since you took your time and crouched around rather than running like mad as I do. When I started getting more kills, I started to really get in engrossed in it. However, I'm racking my brain trying to see how you kept pulling those headshots off ! Very Happy

I sort of liked that nodes game, but not that much since I got bored seeing I wasn't getting any credits for my kills. Those head match games were pretty zany to, but I still don't know why those guys pretty much never shot back at us.