Karlsuke
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:06 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hi guys,

I recently bought Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for the Playstation 2. I went online right away and there were plenty of players so I jumped in a game and played for about 2 hours straight. After looking at my stats though, the game said that I have played 00:00:00, killed nobody, never died etc. Whats with this issue? Anybody else has this? I tried everything. Opened every port in my router, made a direct connection between PS2 and Modem. Nothing solved the problem. The game runs just fine, ticker and servers. But no stats recording. I also got a friend-invitation and accepted it right away, though nobody is shown in my friendslist.

Anyone got an idea?

Rommel
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:16 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have that problem too, I bought a copy yesterday and went online but no stats are saved... Also I'm not having a friend list problem, so perhaps they deleted you or something? I'm not sure.

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:23 am
quote : #3
Hopefully, the stat saving option wasn't taken away or anything, but over the last year since I got this game, this has happened a couple times. When I got my first medal, it didn't show that I got it, and I noticed my pph and score hadn't changed. But a few weeks later all my stats were updated including the medal. So I had not lost any stats but for some reason they weren't showing up. So try waiting a bit and see if it randomly updates like mine does sometimes. Also, I'm not sure about your friend list problems...I've never had those. I have had clan issues before though. I will be invited to one and I'll accept the invitation but it won't show that I'm in the clan, even if I check a week later.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:21 am
quote : #4
I wouldn't sweat it. For the most part, my stats update immediately after the end of every game, but sometimes it takes a little longer. The friends list thing I'm not sure of really. Maybe the sender just accidentally sent the request out while fumbling to vote to kick someone and then deleted you when they realized the mistake; I've done that a few times.
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 pm
quote : #5
I have been waiting only a day lol...

Karlsuke
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:57 pm
quote : #6
Wow, thanks for the quick answers. This seems to be a really nice community Smile. Well the friends-list problem has been solved now. Maybe it was like Gforce said. I now have one in the list. So I'll be waiting and hopefully my stats get updated sometime. Anyway, great game and even in 2009 many ppl. play PS2 Online. Awesome! Love my Ps2 Smile

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:04 pm
quote : #7
I played a few games on BF2 today. My stats did not change just like you said. I'm just hoping that its not permanent.

Karlsuke
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:42 am
quote : #8
Mine did not change too. I saw the same "zero-statistics" at other players too. So I think it might be a permanent issue. Nevertheless the game is fun and I hope the servers will last long enough.

SG-17
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:40 pm
quote : #9
The problem is, with the stat server down, people can't make new accounts. So it looks like these people still playing will be the last.

Edit: BF2:MC uses GameSpy right? So can you use an existing GameSpy ID to log in, or is it some special BF2:MC account?
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:30 pm
quote : #10
not sure...did you try to create a new account?

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:06 pm
quote : #11
Hm, this doesn't sound good. I'll check to see if my stats have gone anywhere since I was last on tonight.
Posted:
Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:26 pm
quote : #12
I'll still play this game of course, even if the stats go off. Most enjoyable online experience on the PS2.

jeroen753159
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:51 am
quote : #13
Karlsuke wrote:
Hi guys,

I recently bought Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for the Playstation 2. I went online right away and there were plenty of players so I jumped in a game and played for about 2 hours straight. After looking at my stats though, the game said that I have played 00:00:00, killed nobody, never died etc. Whats with this issue? Anybody else has this? I tried everything. Opened every port in my router, made a direct connection between PS2 and Modem. Nothing solved the problem. The game runs just fine, ticker and servers. But no stats recording. I also got a friend-invitation and accepted it right away, though nobody is shown in my friendslist.

Anyone got an idea?

hi well i had that 2 and i deleted account but now i cant make a other acc back!!! Sad so i cant play anymore it says that it cant download the rights of gamespy and ign so i cant make a new account it always say try again later but its now already a month! cane sombody please gimme tips i cane try ore give me account that i cane get ore maybe know what i got to do please

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:40 am
quote : #14
This is one of the rare instances where EA does not host the online service for a game they published. The game goes through gamespy instead. I believe this was because its developer Digital Illusions had started the PS2 version before the EA aquisition and switching network development kits would have been far too costly.

Also, at one point GameSpy switched its entire account setup from a universal login system to a unique login system. This means for newer PS2 online games that used gamespy, the user accounts generated for those games were specific to that game. Where as in the past you could use a master gamespy account for all games.

If the stats are broken, and new accounts cannot be created within the BF2:MC game itself preventing players from getting back online with the game, then I will declare this game terminated as of the date that this game first started having these problems. I checked gamefaqs and users there were having this problem around the same time it was posted here.

So is it currently impossible to generate a new account on BF2? Please test this and confirm, rather than speculate.
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:49 am
quote : #15
lordnikon wrote:

If the stats are broken, and new accounts cannot be created within the BF2:MC game itself preventing players from getting back online with the game, then I will declare this game terminated as of the date that this game first started having these problems. I checked gamefaqs and users there were having
this problem around the same time it was posted here.

I wouldn't say call it that yet. I remember awhile ago when there were only 3 servers available and it took them sometime to fix that issue.

Oh yes, my stats aren't updating either. It seems I've had the same number of recorded kills for about a week now.

*Update* I guess they're working on the issue.

Quote:
Greetings,

Thank you for writing back.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our PlayStation Modern Combat servers for Battlefield. Our development team is aware of the issue and are working hard to resolve it in a timely manner. At this time, we do not have an estimated time of when this issue will be resolved. If you wish to be notified when there is an update regarding this issue, click on the Notify me by Email if this Answer is Updated button at the bottom of the screen.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Sincerely,

EARep Paolo
Player Relations
Electronic Arts.

You can keep an eye on the news through this thread on the EA forums.