Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Rommel
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:54 pm
quote : #106
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Once I get details on my account I'll PM it to ya, I don't use it a whole lot (Maybe twice a week) so there shouldn't be any problems between us.

Badnick24
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:17 pm
quote : #107
Ive had the problem before. Sometimes I get moved to different ranks for no reason for 30 sec.

BTW. Battlefield 2 for PS2 is terminating the way I see it. New players cant register and the company refuses to fix it.
Today I couldnt connect because the game list would not load however, the banner at the bottom of the screen still shows the best players in BF2MC.

So It could be a bad connection, or BF2MC is going down. It angers me so much. Its the best game for PS2 i ever played. It seems like the games that are made on PS2 now aren't made with any care. Like the graphics on BF2MC are amazing but with recent games, they suck.
Posted:
Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:31 pm
quote : #108
For many of you all this may be your first time really faced with seeing a game you love to play get taken down. For veterans of this site, we have been through years of terminations, starting with the sites origins with the Dreamcast. This is a reason why we focus on games with LAN support. So that when we focus our time and community effort onto games, we want it to have longevity rather than having it get cut short. Nothing sucks more than forming a bond with a game, only to have it pulled out from under you.

Site note: OC's focus is more on arcade and or sci-fi type games rather than simulations like Battlefield 2, but even still I'd recommend checking out either Star Wars Battlefront 1 or 2. They have bots, so even with the fewest of players, the action is always at its peak. A great alternative with wide open battles and vehicles, that can't ever get taken away from us. OC hosts 2 dedicated servers for it btw! Feel free to inquire about the games more in the SWBF forum if you are interested.
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:21 pm
quote : #109
Hey does anyone know if Modern Combat uses the same log ins as the PC game Battlefield 2? If so you can download the free demo from FilePlanet and create an account on there.
rank 59
Posted:
Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:10 pm
quote : #110
GameSpy had switched to a "Unique" login system. So each game has its own unique login name and password. Maybe the two would be linked, but I doubt it. In the past, GameSpy was designed so that you could login to any online game using a universal login. Then after they merged with IGN they switched to a unique login system. Most likely to appease the needs to game companies wishing to formulate centralized communities for their games made with GameSpy's network kit.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:39 pm
quote : #111
SG-17 wrote:
Hey does anyone know if Modern Combat uses the same log ins as the PC game Battlefield 2? If so you can download the free demo from FilePlanet and create an account on there.

I just created an account with that, but I don't have Battlefield 2: MC for the PS2. PM or email me for the info, if you want to test it out.

BurekDealer
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:47 am
quote : #112
Type: PAL
So... you can't register and play Battlefield2 online on ps2??? =|

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:01 pm
quote : #113
at the moment, yes you can't...unless you already have an account
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:52 pm
quote : #114
another "servers are down forever" claim I saw on another site has been disproved, and I haven't tested whether or not you can still not create accounts for a few week. I'm guessing you can't though.
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 pm
quote : #115
If anyone comes across the thread (particularly guests to this site), just be aware that accounts can no longer be made for the PS2 version of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, but the servers are not down yet. If you are able to get an extra account from somebody, then you will be able to play online. I'm sure everybody already knows that after this very long thread, but a quick summary is always nice (especially for guests).
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:15 am
quote : #116
Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to create an account on BF2 outside the PS2 way? Im going to do some research on this.

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 pm
quote : #117
No, people have already tried and ealier in this article Lordnikon stated this game uses a unique login system. Meaning that it is separate from the one you use on the site and other Gamespy games that don't use a unique login system. You can't create an account online anywhere that can be used for this game pretty much. To get an account you will have to find somebodies extra account. Somebody brought up in another thread a great point, that you can go on ebay and contact the sellers of this game. Ask them for if they played online and if they would be willing to give you their account.
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:25 am
quote : #118
Does anyone have a spare account they don't find sharing?
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:18 am
quote : #119
No, I already gave away my two spare account. Try contacting people selling BF2 on ebay and ask them if they played online and if they'd give you their online account details.
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:34 pm
quote : #120
So there is no away to play this game anymore???