Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:00 pm
quote : #121
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
You can play online if you made an account before they stopped letting people make new accounts. Also someone could give you an account to play online. Since I personally made an account 2 years ago, I can still play online.
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:33 am
quote : #122
Type: PAL
why they do thatt?who buy the game now just to play online cant create an acc!

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:38 am
quote : #123
"Caleb,

As of last summer we have received numerous complaints of the Account Creation section for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. We have notified your office of this matter several times as Electronic Arts Redwood Shores office has requested that the online play option be discontinued as of September 1st 2009, but we have not received the mandatory affidavit that is required stating that GameSpy will no longer carry online play for this particular game. So as our protocol states: "If mandatory confirmation of disconnection and release of server play is not received, ANY AND ALL NEW ACCOUNTS ( I, David have highlighted this section in Capital letters) WILL BE SUSPENDED UNTIL REVOCATION OR RECEPTION OF THE AFFIDAVIT IS ATTAINED. This is an unfortunate matter as many fans of the game still play this title. An average of 200 online members can be on GameSpy servers on a solid weekend for BF2 PS2. But that is our guidelines for "limbo dc" as we call it at GameSpy.

And pertaining to the Stat Track system, we have decided to maintain this option for gameplay as BF fans have requested this option to be back up and running, but I have been advised that any other maintenance request will be rejected until the affidavit is revoked by EA or attained and documented. So you might want to forward this to your senior correspondent of online play so we can continue providing the most satisfying online play option for your great titles.

Sincerely,

(Name withheld upon forwarding of this message to me: David) "

This was posted in this thread awhile ago and it explains what's going on. So in summary:
-EA wanted the servers down
-Gamespy needed some official confirmation first to shut down the servers
-EA did not give it to them
-Gamepy therefore took away the ability to make new accounts since they never received the confirmation (probably due to the terms of some policy regarding their online servers)
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:16 pm
quote : #124
A shame, it seems I'm a bit late, Battlefield 2 has always been great, I was looking forward in getting this for my PS2 after finding out about it.

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:29 pm
quote : #125
Yeah, it really stinks that they had to go and take away that ability from us to create new accounts. Of course, I made some before, but if I had known I would've made a bunch of accounts to give to people.
Posted:
Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:58 am
quote : #126
I think that the game is completely down now. I managed to get an account a few months ago and was playing for a bit, but I didn't play at all during September and I get on now and I get to the server list and all of them are empty and when you try to join it says "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat servers are unavailable now, please try again later".
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:17 pm
quote : #127
SG-17 wrote:
I think that the game is completely down now. I managed to get an account a few months ago and was playing for a bit, but I didn't play at all during September and I get on now and I get to the server list and all of them are empty and when you try to join it says "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat servers are unavailable now, please try again later".

Nah, it's still up. I don't know what was going on with them when you went on. But I just played online a few days ago and there was about 50 people playing. Got some good games in Cool
Posted:
Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:25 am
quote : #128
Anybody mind sharing their working Gamespy ID account with me? I have a gamespy ID, but I just picked this game up at Gamestop, and I'm sure everyone here is aware of the "account creation" problems with Gamespy and BF2:MC.......

I'd just really like to give this game a shot! I've been playing BF2 for the PC online for years and it's a blast, I just wanna see what the PS2 port is like online.

PM me if you're willing to let me on your working BF2:MC account.

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:53 pm
quote : #129
UPDATE: The servers are still up and right now there are 70 people online, which is really awesome Smile
Posted:
Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 am
quote : #130
Type: PAL
I would love to play this online

Any Accounts going about?

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:19 pm
quote : #131
Not currently. You'd have to really look around on a lot of sites. Personally, I already gave away all my spare accounts, some of them to multiple people. Neutral
Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:26 pm
quote : #132
I just bought the game on the PS2 from a guy on Amazon coming with 2 accounts. I played on Xbox from release until April 15th and I'm waiting on the PS2 version to come in the mail now.
Are there currently any sites that have updated stats for the PS2?

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:33 pm
quote : #133
No, there aren't any. But you're lucky you got some accounts Wink
Posted:
Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:30 am
quote : #134
Ya, I saw on here that someone was able to do that by asking around on Ebay/Amazon and I thought I'd give it a try. I'll see you in there in a few days!

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:35 pm
quote : #135
I don't play as often as I used to, but I'm still on sometimes. Once you're on, you can add "elite_force36"