Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Now many may think I'm crazy, but I've never been able to get into the more highly unrealistic fighters of the SF and KOF variety since they would be a little fun for a second, but then many times it would all start to piss me off. Constant fireballs, ridiculous 40+ hit combos, and everybody moving at 200mph; I like to keep my games on the imaginative side, but fighters may just be the genre where I'll have to keep things real...

Enter "Virtua Fighter 4"; I got "VF4: Evolution" probably a year ago, but I didn't really start playing it until these last 3 or 4 months. In my time with it, I have to say this might be one of the best fighting games I've ever played.

One thing great about it is how easy it is to pick up. My nephews of 5 and 8 were able to get right into it and STILL hold up a good degree of a challenge to me. In addition, combos are easy to pull off and the fighting is just all around smooth.

The only thing so far I don't like is how you can't put names on profiles when you battle friends, so all you can ever pick is "P1" or "P2" when distinguishing who is playing who which sucks. But all things considered, I'd have to say this game gets everything else right.

The DOA and UFC series are also pretty good as well, but in terms of other more true to life fighters like "Fight Night", I might have to draw the line since they're a little to slow paced for me.
Posted:
Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:42 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
How about Tekken 5, I got have it and it pretty good. There so many combo that it so hard to remember them all. I suck at it because I alway forgotten the combo but if you watch other expert playing it, man I tell you it so much fun watching than just playing I tell you. I grab a copy for $20 dollar but maybe you can find a cheaper one.
Posted:
Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:26 pm
quote : #3
Ah, you're right. I honestly don't think I've played a game of Tekken in over a year to be honest to.
Posted:
Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 pm
quote : #4
I like the VF series on PS2 sadly I did'nt get as far in Kumite mode (VF4) and Quest (VF4 EVO) adding all those items to your characters costume could be interesting (or distracting).
I think those 2 about do it for me concerning realistic PS2 fighters.