Page 1 of 1
No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Of all my PS2 games, I'd have to say that SSX and SSX 3 are in my top 5 favorite games. I also love the Tony Hawk series (up to Underground that is). Am I for some reason just a board-related game liker or are these games popular among you guys...

I love the fast pace of the SSX games and rewarding big air and cool tricks. SSX was insanely good for when it came out but relatively simple. SSX 3, which came out in 2003, was way ahead of its time as well and improved a ton upon the original (I never had Tricky though). I've clocked in tons of hours on both games maxing out each players stats...any other big fans of the series?

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:46 pm
quote : #2
Oh yea, SSX is great. I had SSX 3, but I lost it when I forgot to retrieve it off my busted PS2 that I exchanged for credit towards another one. The gameplay was butter smooth and I loved all the jumps, combos, and various weather effects it had. The one thing that I of course miss is it's online functionality and I was so annoyed by the fact that "On Tour" didn't have it, I never got around to trying that one out.

BTW. I also used to be a big Tony Hawk fan to, but I hate to say the my interest in the series kinda peeked at THUG 1. After that, the series just didn't touch me like it did in the past.

Last edited by Gforce on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 pm
quote : #3
Just curious do any of the SSX games run at 60fps? I don't believe any of them do but I figured I would ask anyway.
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:30 am
quote : #4
The first doesn't but supposedly SSX Tricky does, which leads me to believe that the third does as well.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:07 pm
quote : #5
I thought that SSX 1 runs at 60FPS. I could have sworn it did. I'll have to bust it out next time I am home.

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:57 pm
quote : #6
I borrowed SSX tricky at one time. I had it for a few months and have always sworn I will buy it myself one day.

I am probably quite odd in the fact that I am not keen on the stunts, I quite liked the racing mode however I was still pulling off random stunts whilst racing. What I remember most about SSX tricky was the great graphics and huge courses with what seemed like almost free roaming.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:41 pm
quote : #7
I busted my copy of SSX 1 out recently to check the framerate. I did a time trial on the first level, Tokyo, as a baseline.

SSX 1 tries to maintain 60 FPS, but goes under that if there are a lot of characters on screen, large amounts of geometry or both. Based off what I played, it never got below 30 FPS. I have heard that Tricky and 3 do a better job of maintaining 60 FPS, but I cannot confirm this as I do not own those games (yet...?).
Posted:
Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:04 pm
quote : #8
I do, how do you figure out the framerates?