Page 2 of 3
gary_b
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:27 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i downloaded that program to test my port 30000 and it says that mine is open. so this leads me to believe that you botched up the port forwarding some how.

here is how my port forwarding looks in my router.

click on it to enlarge the view

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:53 pm
quote : #17
Oh yea, that PFPort Checker program is great. Easiest way to check if you've forwarded ports correctly and also if ports are even correctly blocked on your computer.
Posted:
Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:01 pm
quote : #18
ha, yeah Gforce you're touching down on my next suspicion. i was just wondering if that his Data is being blocked by his PC. by either the windows firewall or an anti virus one. i use to have a bunch of firewalls running at the same time. now i have removed all of them except the router's.

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:20 pm
quote : #19
i added port 30000 as an exception, but the portchecker is still saying it's not open.
Posted:
Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:22 pm
quote : #20
No_Limits wrote:
i added port 30000 as an exception, but the portchecker is still saying it's not open.
you should try turning off the windows firewall and see what that does. if it still doesn't work you might have to add 30000 to the exceptions for the firewall of any security suite that you may have on your PC.

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:55 am
quote : #21
I bet it'll work if I turn it off, I just want to try to get it to work without turning anything off fully.
Posted:
Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:16 am
quote : #22
i'm fresh out of ideas. Sad

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:22 am
quote : #23
I need to try xlink out again with somebody...maybe it'll work even though that portchecker says it isn't open.

Posted Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am:

i added portchecker to the exceptions list of windows firewall and windows defender....still not open
Posted:
Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:34 pm
quote : #24
No_Limits wrote:
I need to try xlink out again with somebody
i picked up Star Wars Battlefront II today so i might be able to help you test later on.

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:52 pm
quote : #25
thats good. For the moment too, my PS2 isn't even connecting to the internet at all. I tried getting on BF2 twice and it wouldn't get past DHCP.
Posted:
Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:03 pm
quote : #26
Type: NTSC-U
I dont know if this was already said / stated, but i just wanted to point out that when you are making changes to your firewall / router settings, etc., you should power down ALL equipment after you make the changes and let everything fully re-boot. This means all equipment - modem, router, pc, ps2 etc - remove power fully for at least 1 minute on everything and then start everything back up.

I know its a pain, but ive been there MANY times myself with the same issue. Many times, for whatever reason, you will open ports on your router / firewall, etc, and even tho the router will restart - the changes will NOT take affect unless you power it down and restart it.

also if it seems that you may have made a mistake / messed up something with dchp, etc.....you should re-set your router to its factory / default settings and try again. also check to see that your router firmware is up to date.

Posted Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:07 pm:

PS - if you get it working tonight, let me know - ill play battlefront with all of you Twisted Evil
No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:46 pm
quote : #27
thanks i didn't know about powering off my pc, router, and ps2. I'll try doing that and then see if 30000 is open. I don't see how I could've messed DHCP up...all I've done today was port forwarding and the last thing I did yesterday was play online on SOCOM. Will you guys be around for the next 3 hours? I'd like to test out xlink during that time. I guess SWB2 would be a good game to try it out on.
Posted:
Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:08 pm
quote : #28
i will be able to test SWB2 as soon as i get back from eating. i am heading out for dinner so it could take me an hour and a half. i will sign onto jabber when i get back though.

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:08 pm
quote : #29
okay
Posted:
Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:19 pm
quote : #30