Posted:
Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:34 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
August 31st 2009
Players (2): TheMytho, Gforce
Duration: 10:30 PM to 11:10 PM (EDT)

Good games on SOCOM I Gforce. There is something about the first SOCOM installment that just works. Maybe it is the fact that the game runs consistently, or that the hit detection is better than the sequels.

The first map we played was set in the Vietnamese jungle. We played as the terrorists. I didn't do too hot on this map, as it was bathed in fog in addition to a player glitching. I mainly shadowed Gforce and stuck to staying inside the ruins if I was the last man standing. Gforce did better than I on this map, as he scored a few kills while I covered his back.

I was on fire though in the second map. We played a demolitions game in the Russian wilderness, complete with a dilapidated warehouse and outhouses dotting the landscape. We also played as the terrorists on this map. I mainly stuck to defending the warehouse, but picked up the layout of the map quickly. Towards the end of the first game, I happened to run across a SEAL player, killed him and picked the bomb up. At first, I said to myself, "Now where do I take this beeyotch?". As if the game was replying, a green arrow appeared on the compass. I followed it to a small house on top of a hill, which was marked as the demolition spot. I stood inside the house on green square and fumbled around in my inventory until I noticed that I had to press X to plant the bomb. I bet everyone on my team was screaming at their TVs during this time! Laughing

That was the only round we won, however. Two clan members on the SEALs team wiped nearly everyone out expect for myself and one other player. I actually caught one of the clan members hiding in a tree while he was going from standing to crouching. I also killed two SEALs at once while I was literally hunched over and bleeding.

At the end of the game, even though our team got stomped, I had a good time playing and did better than I expected. I hope that we can get some more games going on the original SOCOM soon. Smile
Posted:
Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:09 am
quote : #2
Yea dude, you really pick up on stuff hella fast. Not to mention you ripped those SEALS a new hole on those last few games we played. Part of the reason I kept leaving was that I was getting annoyed with my slow aim sensitivity and I had to go all the way back to the options to set them up differently several times. I'm also going to have to get used to playing Socom again soon since it's still the best working with ICS.
Posted:
Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:14 pm
quote : #3
I have both the acceleration and sensitivity jacked all the way up, with the dead zone on the second notch in the bar. Next time we play, we'll also have to mess with the mics.