Page 1 of 1
No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:36 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Which do you prefer, first-person shooters or third-person shooters? I definitely prefer FPS's. Although I do like SWBF, Ratchet: Deadlocked and Socom, they just don't appeal to me as much as other shooters I own which are FPS. I don't think it's just because I like the FPS's better for other reasons but I like the feeling of aiming better. I feel like I have more control. Also in Socom, enemies can see you if they are behind a wall and a door is nearby because of the camera. Do you guys have a preference?
Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:39 pm
quote : #2
I love TPS, they let you see and appreciate most of the surrounding environment as well as see exactly where you are, they have different camera angles to choose from,

Personally I prefer TPS over FPS in SWBF 1 and 2 because I am more aware of my surroundings and I don't have to be shifting my view side to side just to be sure of anything!

The only FPS I truly enjoyed was Killzone!
sure, of course it wasn't a TPS but the story and how well they put the game together is what made it a great FPS, specially the challenge!

A long time favorite TPS besides Spec-Ops' *Unofficial* Successor SOCOM, is Armored Core!
as you play and think about it, also think about all those FPS games that let you use custom skins or whatever. What is the whole point of having a cool character Skin if you're only allowed to see it in the skin selection screen?
So what I am trying to get at is that Armored Core let's you not only create a cool looking AC, but to see it in battle getting it's armor pierced by shell based ammo and it's body destructed fragment by fragment by Energy based weapons...doesn't that sound satisfying?

Bottom line: Third-Person Shooters are my favorite!
Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:59 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
I prefer first person shooters. Although I wouldnt throw a good Third Person Shooter away. I like the idea of beeing somewhat "in" the game and the possibility to look at everything I want to. I like to explore. It just has to fit the gameplay and the overall design of the game. Resident Evil 4 for example is brillant in the 3rd person perspective!
Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:40 pm
quote : #4
i like 3rd person perspectives for almost all games. even racers, but that's another subject. i like to see my character in the terrain. it helps me get a feel for my surroundings so that i don't fall off of cliffs. third person views make the game feel like i am watching the action as if it was a movie, only i get to control the action! when you are in a first person view it gives me the impression that the game developers want me to feel like i am in virtual reality. this wouldn't be a bad thing if they could make it convincing, but for me they do not make it convincing. also as Kannibal has already touched down on. why have great characters, vehicles, or mechs if you don't get to see them moving through the environments?

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
quote : #5
I guess I'd say third person. Couldn't imagine doing all that razzledazzle ish in Devil May Cry in first person.
Posted:
Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:11 pm
quote : #6
tps the whole way i will play fps once in a while but nothing beats lying down in the grass in socom seeing an apponent walk right over top of you and popping up behind him and putting a silenced round in the back of their head. Twisted Evil just the thought of it makes me want to plug in the ps2 with socom 2 and get my breach on in enowapi.

Dark Cookies
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:31 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
I would said FPS than TPS. Let just said that more people tend to camp in TPS in online than FPS.
Posted:
Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:11 pm
quote : #8
very true, like in socom, the little b*tches are hangin' around every corner