Page 1 of 1
Karlsuke
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:49 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Are there any good 2D-Only Games for the PS2? I mean real 2D (sprite based) and not polygons from a 2D Perspective. Old School Game Compilations are welcome Smile
Until now I have played Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Mega Man X Collection, Capcom Classics Collection Vol.2, Odin Sphere and the Metal Slug Anthology which are very good games! Do you guys know any other good 2D-only Games for the Playstation 2?
Posted:
Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:44 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Samurai Shodown Anthology (contains SS games 1-5 and the never released in the states part 6) although I'm not going to claim to be an expert on rating how 'good' it is but it stands up pretty well to the other versions of the games I have.
gary_b
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:26 pm
quote : #3
i too need some 2d game ideas for the PS2. i really don't care if they are sprite based or not, as long as they play like a 2d game.

Kannibal
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:16 am
quote : #4
If I remember, Megaman X collection is a compilation of the 2D megaman games so people can catch up on MMX7 and MMX8

also the Anniversary Collection of Megaman!

obviously most anthologies have sprite based games in it!

I cannot think of any 2D sprite based games made for PS2 except for Namco X Capcom which only came out in JP and King of Fighter XI...there might be another one but I can't think of it!
Posted:
Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:26 pm
quote : #5
Hey guys, don't think I missed this thread, I had been avoiding it, unsure of how to proceed. I think I need to make another thread as a sticky dedicated to this, as you guys don't realize the epicness of the question you are asking. Cool There are hundreds of 2D games on the PS2. From all of the compilations, to the fighting games, to the shooters.... its almost infinite. So if you guys are looking for information on this subject, you will have it soon hehe Wink
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:30 pm
quote : #6
cool because i am out of ideas. i looked into some of the compilations and fighters were out from the start.

Karlsuke
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:30 am
quote : #7
Anything new on this subject yet?

Edit: ok I did a bit of research for myself. These are the games I've found:

Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Mega Man X Collection
Taito Legends 1 and 2
Capcom Classics Collection vol. 1 and 2
Mdiway Arcade Treasures 1 and 2
Namco Museum
Activision Anthology
Intellivision Lives
Metal Slug Anthology
Sega Genesis Collection
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
SNK Arcade Classics: Volume 1
PopCap Hits Vol. 2
Atari Anthology
All Guilty Gear Games
Alien Hominid
Odin Sphere

Feel free to complete the list ^^
Posted:
Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:42 am
quote : #8
Okay here is the situation. This topic is sort of loaded in terms of what its trying to cover. Many of you may not realize it, but this thread would have the potential to discuss over 180 individual releases, comprised of over 750 classic console and arcade games! We can't discuss all of this in a single thread.

So I have been strategizing how to go about integrating these games into the site in a way so that we can discuss them as a community, and also encourage people to buy and enjoy them in a more meaningful way.
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:10 am
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
Okay here is the situation. This topic is sort of loaded in terms of what its trying to cover. Many of you may not realize it, but this thread would have the potential to discuss over 180 individual releases, comprised of over 750 classic console and arcade games! We can't discuss all of this in a single thread.

So I have been strategizing how to go about integrating these games into the site in a way so that we can discuss them as a community, and also encourage people to buy and enjoy them in a more meaningful way.

Have you come up with any specific ideas yet? Curious about your results Smile
Posted:
Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:46 pm
quote : #10
I am planning on making a proper HTML list of all the games available, and make it a multi-region list. So PAL and US users can buy games in their region, but also plan on what imports they would like to purchase from Japan. I will most likely dump this into a sticky thread here on the forums. Then from there, anyone here can generate individual topics for specific releases. I hope to get this up in the next day or so. It will be sort of overwhelming though, as the list of releases is..... huge. Mr. Green