Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:02 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Don't use manuals. You have to see it with your own eyes. Meaning you have to boot up the game, and actually go to the games network tool. Manuals and game case inserts can often be innacurate in terms of the information they provide.
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:48 pm
quote : #17
if the manual says nothing about the game having it, then I guess you can't be totally sure. But if a game says in the manual that you can "select" the create a new network configuration option or something, we'd have be pretty much 99% it has it. A game, I hope, wouldn't just throw stuff into the manual that the game doesn't actually have. But for the other way around like I first mentioned in this post, what you say makes sense.
Posted:
Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:04 am
quote : #18
No_Limits wrote:
if the manual says nothing about the game having it, then I guess you can't be totally sure. But if a game says in the manual that you can "select" the create a new network configuration option or something, we'd have be pretty much 99% it has it. A game, I hope, wouldn't just throw stuff into the manual that the game doesn't actually have. But for the other way around like I first mentioned in this post, what you say makes sense.

I know where Lordnikon is coming from. One of the Pal released versions or Armored core has all the instruction in it for playing online yet online is not included in the release.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:20 pm
quote : #19
thats pretty wierd
Posted:
Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:10 pm
quote : #20
Wow, funny. Nobody noticed jak x: combat racing has a network setup utility built in yet? Lol, I only noticed since my greatest hits copy of the game just arrived and I saw it mentioned in the manual. Sure enough, when popping in the original release of the game and the greatest hits version of the game they both have the network setup utility.
Posted:
Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:53 am
quote : #21
Type: PAL
Games with a Network Setup Utility ...what does that mean?Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:00 am
quote : #22
Games that have software on it for configuring your Playstation 2 for online play.
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 pm
quote : #23
I've used the network setup utility on the 'FIFA 2004' and 'Everquest Online Adventures' disks.

The Everquest one looks to be slightly customised, but still seems to work like a normal setup disk.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:01 pm
quote : #24
I added Fifa, but don't want to add everquest since that is an online rpg and I don't know if its online setup would be different somehow. I will wait until other people confirm it too.
Posted:
Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:53 pm
quote : #25
yeah, it might be usable for the game itself only, like it is the case with Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 and Underground
Posted:
Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:02 pm
quote : #26
I added my xlink network setup using the Everquest one and it seems to be connecting fine with any outher game I've tryed. That's all I can say...

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:50 pm
quote : #27
alright
Posted:
Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:07 pm
quote : #28
Call of duty Finest Hour has it. I used that to set one of my friends ps2 internet.

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:23 pm
quote : #29
garg wrote:
I added my xlink network setup using the Everquest one and it seems to be connecting fine with any outher game I've tryed. That's all I can say...

Ok that sounds like it works normally then. What is the actual title of the game you used? Is it
EverQuest Online Adventures or EverQuest Online Adventures: Frontiers ?
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:17 pm
quote : #30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9l6jBvsKJY

you could probably include all of these two (you've probably seen this video by teh2dgamer), I think it's coming from a pretty reliable source.