Previous  1, 2
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:45 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Favrenation wrote:
A little less than 7.3 mega bytes per second.

Ive not Xlinked for some time but I guess I should be ok as I am normally around 8mb. Bummer is I pay for up to 20mb but never get anywhere close.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:41 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
same here it sucks. I pay for 14 mbs but we only get around four.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:23 pm
quote : #18
Whoaaa, that's crazy bandwith there. Have you guys looked into the policy of your ISPs for how close they can guarantee your max speed? I would be PISSED if I was getting less than 75% of the max speed I was paying for. I have a family member that only gets 40% of their maximum speed and I KNOW they can get at least 70% but they refuse to listen to me and complain to the ISP about it.
Posted:
Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:34 am
quote : #19
Favrenation wrote:
kilobytes per second like in my last post i don't no y rommel was talking about bits those r bytes.

There's a difference between kb and KB, I was simply showing conversions and exact numbers... It can be a confusing topic therefor I believe there is an even larger margin of error.

Favrenation
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:06 am
quote : #20
I know wat u mean but That post you put even confused me a little bit. lol

Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:29 am
quote : #21
Gforce wrote:
Whoaaa, that's crazy bandwith there. Have you guys looked into the policy of your ISPs for how close they can guarantee your max speed? I would be PISSED if I was getting less than 75% of the max speed I was paying for. I have a family member that only gets 40% of their maximum speed and I KNOW they can get at least 70% but they refuse to listen to me and complain to the ISP about it.

I guess I could look into it again. If I remember correctly Segadreamcaster was getting 8mb as well opn the same ISP only at the time he was only paying for the 10mb maximum speed Laughing He's upgraded now though. Before I look into the ISP there are some things I need to sort first like swapping my modem and checking my Lan card. My PC is by no means new its possible the Lan card can only handle 8mb.

Laters

Just did a speed test, heres my link

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/126211692091239115244.html

I cant decipher it when they dont give the results in MB Rolling Eyes I am guessing my Downstream is great and upstream shite Rolling Eyes

Laters