Page 1 of 1
lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is the only entry in the Timesplitters series that I do not own and I know very little about it. For people that own the game. What are your opinions of it? How is the single player? How is the multiplayer?
Posted:
Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
TS1 is a great game. Story is pretty non-existant though: There are 9 story levels and they all have the same goal, which is go and pickup a certain object and then carry it back to the start (or some other random place). You could compare it to how TSFP had more of a story than TS2. They started on almost zero story with TS1, got a little more depth with TS2 and then got pretty ambitious with TSFP.

This may sound very boring, but I still love the story mode in TS1. It's challenging and just arcade'ish crazy. You also earn cheats and characters if you complete the levels in a certain time. The levels also have a fun variety; egyptian tomb, scary weird village, alien planet, mansion with zombies, etc.

Challenges in this game are also very hard. You only have one goal for each challenge, unlike TS2 and TSFP where you can do bad and still get a bronze. They are fun but I prefer the challenges in the other two, TS2 being the best in my opinion.

Arcade/multiplayer is even faster and crazier than TS2/FP, just like the rest of the game. You got a lot of different modes and options too choose from and you can make your own maps if you feel like it. Weapons are just as varied and awesome in this game too and there are about 65 characters in total. Not as many as in TS2 and FP, but they're fun and do different animations and stuff when choosing which one to play as. Four players split screen is supported with 10 bots.

Overall, I think it's a great game just like I said. It may also be the hardest in the bunch. Should also mention that the graphics looks good for being almost 10 years old and the music is great. So if you like a challenge and a little more old school feel with even more frantic gameplay (comparing with TS2 and FP), you should like TS1.
Posted:
Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:40 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea, it sounds very different than the other 2 games, but I feel a need to try out the original game in the series. It seems like it resembles some of the arcade challenges in TSFP where you ran to one side of the map and back as fast as you could. I really did not like that mode much Sad I will still give Timesplitters 1 a chance though, especially since it is so cheap now.
Posted:
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:01 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Yeah, you should at least give it a chance. I'd be very surprised if you don't find anything to be fun in it.