Page Location: Home > Twisted Metal Black: Online > Topic
lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:10 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was doing some thinking just now. Actually it does make sense to me now, why tmbo has a 2 player online limit for dialup. Lets look at the logistics:

If a dialup user is the host of a game, it puts much more stress on the line. Tribes gamers who host from dialup know this. If your dial-up playing on a broadband hosted server.....you can play with many more people, since a broadband user is the host.

So you have to wonder, how many broadband users are really ever going to HOST a game with less than 8 player.....yea maybe they might do 6, but mostly BB users on TMB:Online host at 8 players.

So it would most definatly be too laggy to join these games for dialup users. Just too much data. So your going to have dialup users hosting a lot correct? So a dialup user really could probobly only handle 1 users....POSSIBLY 2 users connected to their hosted game.

So in all fairness, a 2 player really is best for dialup tmb:online. I don't know why i made this post I guess to just write this junk down that I had mulling in my head while sitting here. :]