Page 1 of 2
f0xy
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:27 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hi I have a question about Killzone online.
I need to download an update, but when I try to download him, there stand : network error occurred when attempting to download the update. Please try again." I try every day to download him.
What's it problem?
And You need have for Killzone PAL regions an account on https://www.yourgamingname.com And I have that. I type in the game the nickname and the passwoord and then I try to download it. PLEASE HELP ME!

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:31 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Perhaps there is not enough room on your memory card to hold the update? I would check that.
Posted:
Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:45 pm
quote : #3
I answered about that in your another thread. I had far enough free memory on my card when trying to download and I had exatcly the same problem yesterday as you do. Although servers are working with a patch on my 1st memory card that I downloaded 3 months ago. And yes you need Yourgamingname account to play Killzone.

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:59 pm
quote : #4
Make sure that the correct ports are forwarded for Killzone. If possible, you should put your PS2 on your router's DMZ and save yourself the trouble of typing in the ports for every game you play.

If all else fails, contact Sony or check the official Sony forum.
Posted:
Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:47 am
quote : #5
lazybum wrote:
Perhaps there is not enough room on your memory card to hold the update? I would check that.

I check the memory card andthere is enough KB for the update. I heard that the update 3000 KB is.

tess wrote:
I answered about that in your another thread. I had far enough free memory on my card when trying to download and I had exatcly the same problem yesterday as you do. Although servers are working with a patch on my 1st memory card that I downloaded 3 months ago. And yes you need Yourgamingname account to play Killzone.

But are the server offline for PAL region? But how did you download it? Because you say that you have download the update 3 months ago?

---

EDIT: But other game's: CoD2 or SOCOM I can play online. I can't only play online Killzone

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:02 am
quote : #6
I hate to repeat myself, but I think we have covered nearly everything here in regards to solving your problem. It sounds like a problem on Sony's end.

You NEED to either: Personally contact Sony or visit their official forums.
Posted:
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:08 pm
quote : #7
Well hmmm PAL online can be a bit tricky, as it is different than US online for the PS2. What version of Socom are you connecting with F0xy?

Also, what brand of memory card are you using? Is it an official Sony card? or a different one?
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:21 pm
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
Well hmmm PAL online can be a bit tricky, as it is different than US online for the PS2. What version of Socom are you connecting with F0xy?

Also, what brand of memory card are you using? Is it an official Sony card? or a different one?

The version of SOCOM is PAL and I using an official Sony card with 8 MB

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:29 pm
quote : #9
No i mean, which Socom? Socom 1? Socom 2? Socom 3? Socom Combined Assault?

The reason I am asking is because, I wanted to be sure that the Socom you are currently connecting with uses the same odd login system that is intrinsic to the PAL online network. Where you have to have a central station account I believe it is?
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:33 pm
quote : #10
SOCOM 2 and 3. And I using the same Nickname and Passwoord for Killzone SOCOM

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:06 pm
quote : #11
If you wre using a third party memory card, sometimes in rare instances that can mess with things for certain games. But you are using an official memory card.

The best I can recommend is to double check your network settings and make sure your PS2 is setup as the DMZ.

I wish I was able to help more. As I don't even own the US version anymore, and can't play PAL games so its hard for me to help troubleshoot. Wish there was more I could do.
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:02 am
quote : #12
Okay, but thanks for help.

MFMuz
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:08 am
quote : #13
Hey Foxy,

I had the exact same problem and I know how to fix it. At least it worked for me.

When you choose your server you can shoose between Uk/europe and NZ/Aus (I think these are the options). If you go to the uk one you will get the update error, if you go to the other option the poatch should d/l fine. At least it did for me. Hope to see you on the server, there arn't many on it (two to be exact!)

MFMuz

f0xy
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:10 am
quote : #14
MFMuz wrote:
Hey Foxy,

I had the exact same problem and I know how to fix it. At least it worked for me.

When you choose your server you can shoose between Uk/europe and NZ/Aus (I think these are the options). If you go to the uk one you will get the update error, if you go to the other option the poatch should d/l fine. At least it did for me. Hope to see you on the server, there arn't many on it (two to be exact!)

MFMuz

Okay I will try. I want to play the game to night if I can download the update.

Questions? Mail me!
E-mail + MSN = GoldenF0xy@hotmail.com
Website for the time's http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter.htm
CoD BRO + Killzone + SOCOM Name's = FireSOLID or Fexxx
MFMuz
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:22 am
quote : #15
cool. there is a guy from ireland on it called Le surgeon. Ive played with him a few times in the UK or english speaking rooms. Hes a good dude. If you get online let me know and we cld arrange a game.

The same for any other UK or european based killzone players. Let me know whats up and we can get a decent game goin.

Mfmuz