Page 1 of 1
Favrenation
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was wondering if this keyboard http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5634441 will work with the ps2 for keyboard chat support. It is the cheapest. Do u use jabber to communicate or do u use ps2?

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:26 pm
quote : #2
Any USB keyboard will work, including the one you posted.

We use Jabber for pre-game chat or if the game has no communication options. If the game has keyboard chat, then that is what we typically use when playing.
Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:49 pm
quote : #3
ok thanks!

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:28 pm
quote : #4
I recommend getting a much smaller "mini" logitech keyboard if possible. Here is what it looks like:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-USB-Keyboard-Playstation-2/dp/B00008OQTI

It is a huge space saver. I own this model, and it rocks.
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:58 pm
quote : #5
If you have any thrift stores around you, that is a good place to find insanely cheap usb keyboards. The stores near me have stacks of 3 dollar usb keyboards. I bought one and it works great. Just clean it off with some alchohol wipes and you are good to go haha.
Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 pm
quote : #6
i use a wireless Logitech USB mouse for my PS2 and my cube. it works pretty good for both systems.

Rommel
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:15 pm
quote : #7
Not all USB keyboards work, I tried mine and the lights would'nt even turn on. So I believe my keyboard wanted more power then my slim cared to share...
Yes the game had keyboard support :p

noonotthat
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:23 am
quote : #8
well the link nikon posted is out of stock, just get a regular usb keyboard and you willl be good. unless your a pack rat and have no room a regular keyboard wont take up much room. I can hardly imagine how little room you would have to have to not have room for a keyboard.........
Posted:
Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 am
quote : #9
lazybum wrote:
If you have any thrift stores around you, that is a good place to find insanely cheap usb keyboards. The stores near me have stacks of 3 dollar usb keyboards. I bought one and it works great. Just clean it off with some alchohol wipes and you are good to go haha.

yeah, just go to a thrift store or swap meet! they always have USB keyboards, but there are times that their KBs have certain key defects
[the 'W' key acts like if you are holding the button!, or some keys just won't respond at all]

I go to an electronic swap meet and they have basic USB keyboards that go from $1 to $5 depending on the brand and sometimes material!

if you just need one for the PS2 specifically rather than general use, try to find a model like the one LNikon linked you to. You don't need all those extra QWERTY/Key Pad keys unless you roll in deep with l33t 5p34k.

What I use, is one of those roll up full-set QWERTY keyboards for my consoles that allow USB KBs[not limited to games that actually support it like SOCOM]
Posted:
Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am
quote : #10
Rommel wrote:
Not all USB keyboards work, I tried mine and the lights would'nt even turn on. So I believe my keyboard wanted more power then my slim cared to share...
Yes the game had keyboard support :p

Hmm Interesting. USB stands for "Universal" Serial Bus, which is supposed to be a connection standard. I wonder why those keyboards wern't working. The theory for power draw is a good guess.

noonotthat wrote:
well the link nikon posted is out of stock, just get a regular usb keyboard and you willl be good. unless your a pack rat and have no room a regular keyboard wont take up much room. I can hardly imagine how little room you would have to have to not have room for a keyboard.........

I was posting that link merely as a point of reference so people knew what the keyboard looked like. Finding this keyboard online at any number of places online would not be hard.