rank 19
Posted:
Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:26 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
The date is set Game over for the PSU server

The end is coming March 31, 2010
here is a link to the official annoucement. http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=310166

Yeah we know it would happen, and sure its a bit sudden.
Instead of griping i'll remember playing online with TheMytho and U-235.

Hopping online for various events that had drops similar to PSO (meaning I could use a weapon if my class allowed instead of trying to 'make' the weapon.)

Recent milestones hit by DaMan getting 1 Million Meseta saved up from store sales

Getting my Partner machine 'DaPartner' leveled up to take in the field.

the various yearly celebrations

Happy New Year!!!

crowds on a PS game!
TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:04 pm
quote : #2
Any idea if they will turn free play on even if you don't have a subscription? If I can somehow find my account data, I'd like to play some before the server gets shut down during the free play period.
Posted:
Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:51 am
quote : #3
NOTE: Since OC has already pre-emptively setup its site to focus on online forever games, server terminations are more of a side note now. They are worth noting, but no longer dramatically impact this community. So, as such, I have stickied this topic in the General Online forum and we can just post all future game server terminations here in this thread. That way we don't have 50 random topics all over the place for future shutdowns.

---

Yea, not much that I have to say about this other than, PSO is available at the DC and GC sites Wink
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:52 am
quote : #4
A definite shame, especially since I never got around to seeing what it was like.
Posted:
Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:51 pm
quote : #5
Just saw this message clarifying eligibility for free play:

Edward@Sega wrote:
Hello GUARDIANS ----

I want to clarify the free play issue for PC/PS2 servers. The Free Play will apply to *anyone* who has had a valid account during PSU -- you do not need to make a purchase now if you were previously subscribed, and do not . Anyone who was banned from the servers will remain banned; those accounts will not be able to log in during free play.

I have told a few of you differently over PM (saying that you had to make an active purchase by the 29th) and that was my mistake. I think I have already let everyone know that this was a mistake, but if I haven't and you have already subscribed in the past several hours because of what I told you, do let me know and I can reverse those charges. This should only apply to 1 or 2 of you, but let me know via PM if there's any issue!
Posted:
Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:11 pm
quote : #6
I've never played it before online. Its a shame Surprised
My current online games i got and play: The fast and the furious Tokyo drift., Fifa 08 , NBA 08, Nascar 09, Killzone, Flat out 1, Motogp 04, Star wars the battle field 2, Call of duty 3, Test drive unlimited.
MFMuz
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:35 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
Hi ,

Just recently the PES 2008 servers were taken offline. I was wondering if anyone is still playing PES2009 + PES 2010 online and if there are any plans to take those servers down in the near future? I dont want to shell out for a new game if I can't play it online.

MFMuz

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:00 pm
quote : #8
It looks like Burnout 3: Takedown is finally headed for the graveyard on April 15. (http://kotaku.com/5473163/ea-takes-nine-more-games-offline)
Posted:
Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:33 pm
quote : #9
It seems they might spare Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for the PS2 a bit longer, as only the xbox version is listed (not keeping my hopes too high though).
Posted:
Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:59 am
quote : #10
I might try playing burnout 3 online again, but honestly the game is just not that fun online when compared to its single player. So, it is not that big a loss really.
Posted:
Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:48 pm
quote : #11
TheMytho wrote:
It looks like Burnout 3: Takedown is finally headed for the graveyard on April 15. (http://kotaku.com/5473163/ea-takes-nine-more-games-offline)

Yea? I thought that game was slated to get shut down like two years ago.
Posted:
Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:01 pm
quote : #12
I think either the community rallied against it or EA kept it up out of the kindness of their heart (ha, I wish!). I too remember that it was supposed to get the axe years ago.
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:53 am
quote : #13
Word on the street is that Battlefield 2: Modern Combat's servers are down for good and I tested it out and it seemed that way. It gave me the message "Servers unavailable". But there has been no official notice from EA who is supposed to post a notice 30 days before they go offline. There are only a couple of recent threads going around on different sites saying the servers are down. Nobody has any proof though to back what they are saying, so I'm guessing that the game's servers are just temporarily down for server maintenance. Most of the battlefield game's servers have been going through repairs lately, so this could be part of all that. Also, like I said in my previous post, the PS2 version was not mentioned in the EA's next batch of server shutdowns while the xbox version was http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98386-EA-Announces-More-Game-Server-Closures

So either the Battlefield 2: Modern Combat servers are down as of March 1-5, 2010, or they are more likely temporarily down.
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:18 pm
quote : #14
EA has never before taken an online game that was broken or was planned to go offline, and brought it back online and repaired it.

So it is safe to say that Battlefield Modern Combat 2 is a terminated game at this point.
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:40 pm
quote : #15
well they never officially said it was going offline for PS2, and the servers last August for down for over a week, so there's still a chance its not for good