Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I really should've suspected something funny since it was only 10$ new on Amazon, but I didn't know knockoffs existed. Does anyone know any surefire ways to tell if you have an official memory card without opening the packaging?

I'll try to upload an image later on...

*update*
Shit, it is. I just started reading the warnings and what not on the back of the package and noticed some strange spelling errors:

- This card has 8MB(8.000KB) of memory. The amount of memory required is different fo each software title.

Precautions

- Data will not be lost under normal operating conditions because this product incomporates memory that does not require battery back-up (they forgot a period)....

After that, there's just a lot of sentences with really long spaces in between words. Damn, now I have to go out to Wal-mart to have it in time for my nephew's present.....[/b]
Posted:
Tue May 11, 2010 3:51 pm
quote : #2
There's nothing wrong with a bootleg memory card,they are usually a lot cheaper.I got a 64mb memory card off ebay for $4.50.

Sony Memory cards only come in 8mb and are around $10 for used ones so the bootleg one is a better buy but a 8mb bootleg for $10 isnt a good deal...

If it doesn't say Sony on the card,its not official.I'm guessing you got sent a Chinese bootleg.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Thu May 13, 2010 10:07 am
quote : #3
It's true they are cheaper and you might get lucky sometimes, but I just think trusting game data to these things is an unnecessary risk.