lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2010 9:30 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/108/1089566p1.html

It is no longer going to have its hardware sales and software sales kept track of like before. I honestly think it is about time, as the ps2 releases seem to be dwindling. Watever though, I will be playing games on the console for years to come.
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2010 10:32 am
quote : #2
I think it is somewhat premature for NPD to stop reporting PS2 sales. If you look at the figures at this site http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_March_2010, you'll see that the PS2 still has some legs for a 9 and a half year old game console. People are still buying PS2s, so I don't see why NPD cut PS2 reporting outside of cost cutting measures.

It'd be interesting to see just how many consoles were sold this year, and, of course, when Sony finally discontinues manufacturing the console. I hope that NPD or another organization will be recording this information from a historical perspective.
Posted:
Fri May 14, 2010 12:32 pm
quote : #3
Kind of sad Sad .

The PS2 is my favorite console ever and I will continue to play it,plus there is over 4000 games for it so I know I will never get bored of PS2 games.

Strange though they wont be keeping track of new sales figures,I see PS2 Slim consoles in every single store I go in...

EDIT: "From now on, if you're wondering how many PS2 systems have sold in a given month, you'll have to physically walk to the Radio Shack at the strip mall and ask the store manager."

Lol,I personally have never went in a Radio Shack to buy games let alone talk to the manage.Radio Shack has got to be the worst when it comes to console gaming,their prices are usually $5-$10 higher and the games are usually older ones,that's if they even carry any games at all.