Page 1 of 1
Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:17 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just finished this game yesterday. It's definitely a sight to behold but overall, it was actually kind of boring because of it's simplicity. I've gotta stop listening to hype...
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:17 am
quote : #2
Did you play Shadow of the Colossus? I'm wondering if it would be worth a good buck to buy this game if I really enjoyed Sotc.
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:54 pm
quote : #3
Not sure what to say to be honest man. I'll just say that the game has a way smaller emphasis on combat, many puzzles, and a really short length (6-10 hours on even your worst day).

If you catch the game for under $20 somewhere, I'd say give it a go but if you see it for higher, just wait for it. Since you've played SotC, there really isn't much this game can offer you in terms of (probably the main selling point) visuals so consider that to.
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:20 pm
quote : #4
Ico has more of an intimate, mellow style than Shadow of the Colossus. The game revolves around protecting Princess Yorda from capture, solving environmental puzzles and engaging in simple combat. The only large similarities are the themes of desolation in both games. I'd say the two games are both compelling experiences and worth owning.

That said, Gforce does bring up some good points; the game is short, there isn't a huge amount of variety in the gameplay, and it is fairly pricey. All things considered, you should still try Ico out at the very least.