rank 59
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:58 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Community Update
Mon June 28, 2010 9:31 am
I wanted to give everyone a heads up on where my time is currently going, and the status of pending site updates. Right now most of my resources are being consumed by the archive work I do relating to preserving game sites and game related material. OC was the catalyst for this, but over the years it has evolved into an incredibly ambitious and time consuming process. I am doing my best to get ahead on this work.

Onlineconsoles has some exciting news pending, especially for the Dreamcast site, as well as sweeping updates, changes, and site improvements across all of OC.

A point to keep in mind is that our online environment for playing games is in many ways, fractured, or broken, with this site and its members having to try and repair or fill the gaps in order to facilitate regular online play. Recently I was detailing a list of issues that are currently plaguing the online environments we try to maintain. Things such as Homeland for GameCube needing a beginners translation guide, the sketchy landscape of the Dreamcast PCDC server, and how the Tribes Master List we developed has had some bugs. (Though hopefully, the recent relaunch of the TAA master list squashes all of the problems people were having when connecting.)

Online gaming is very much about convenience, and I am going to be trying my best to make the process of playing online as simple and easy to get into as possible. Changes will be made on both the game side of things as well as the website in order to improve the playing environment across the board.

Thanks all for being patient!

Ben Pekarek
Director / Founder
www.onlineconsoles.com

TAA Master List open for public access
Sat June 14, 2010 10:00 pm
The Tribes Aerial Assault master list we have developed is back up for public use. Please configure your PS2 console as follows to sign online and start playing TribesAA again:

Simply create a new network configuration on your PS2 for Tribes Aerial Assault and enter 72.232.232.162 in the Primary DNS field. This will redirect TAA to our new Master List which runs on OC's dedicated gaming server.