Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
Blast
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:22 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
As I now work self employed selling games consoles I come into cotact with an awful lot of PS2 consoles. I come by many that are what I describe as slow readers. A slow reader boots and then hangs for a few seconds then goes to the main PS2 menu. 3-5 seconds after that the game in the disc tray will boot. After this games seem to load and play with no problem at all. I have done lens cleaning on PS2 consoles that do not read discs at all and some go on to function normally and some go on to be slow readers. My own PS2 has been dormant for some time I got it out just the other day for its new permanent home and it has now become a slow reader. I am guessing dust is the main problem, anyone else know other wise? Maybe laser calibration will fix this but I dont have the time to open consoles unless it is my own for fixing. If you think you know exactly what causes this wide spread minor problem do let us all know Very Happy
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:14 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I know my PS2 hangs at that startup screen if it has difficulty reading what I put in it. If you can't find anything on it, I suggest going to either this or this site. They might have a clue since people at sites like these seem to like to take their consoles apart.