Page Location: Home > Playstation 2 Lounge > Topic
fattony
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I want to start playing racing games but I don`t know which to start on. I used to have GT2 for Bleem! but I thought it was really hard
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:28 pm
quote : #2
I actually would like to know the same thing. Gt3 is dirt cheap now, $2 at Gamestop I think and gt4 is like $6 or $10. But I'm not sure whether it would be better to be a cheapskate and get gt3 or pay a little bit more to get gt4.
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:35 pm
quote : #3
fattony wrote:
I want to start playing racing games but I don`t know which to start on. I used to have GT2 for Bleem! but I thought it was really hard
if you think 2 is hard then 3 and 4 will make you pull your hair out. if you have to pick just one of the two i would get GT4, you can play it over xlink. you might not want to start playing racing games with a sim like GT4. they are meant to be harder and more precise than arcade racers. i would recommend that you start out with a fun arcade racer before trying to tackle a simulation. something like Need for speed most wanted, which is one of my favorite driving/racing games. if you must insist on playing a sim or a GT game, i would start at the 1st or 2nd game.

i only played 3 long enough to get 100,000 credits together to start 4. this is because i got both games so close together and i didn't do much on 3 other than get a license or 2. i completed both the first 2 games but, i doubt i will ever finish 3 or 4? they are both huge games with tons of cars and tracks to choose from.

No_Limits wrote:
But I'm not sure whether it would be better to be a cheapskate and get gt3 or pay a little bit more to get gt4.
you could get both. if you play 3 first you can transfer 100,000 credits and all your licenses to 4. one of the most annoying things about the GT games is the license tests. some people might enjoy them but i always saw them as an obstacle in the way of the real game.

fattony
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:34 pm
quote : #4
Does knowing how to drive in real life help. I can I just cant turn.
Also what does it mean when a game is pressure sensetive?
Posted:
Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:13 pm
quote : #5
if you mean that you know how to drive race cars, then yes by knowing how to drive in real life should help out quite a bit. if you are talking about being an ok driver under normal conditions? then probably not. the reason that you can't turn is because your going to fast and or you are using a front wheel drive car. rear wheel drive cars tend to over steer and front wheel drive cars tend to under steer. AWD and 4WD cars are better balanced. for the best all around car you might want to consider a 4WD mid engine car, they can be expensive though. they are best balanced cars.

some of my favorite cars are, any Lancer evolution, Ford GT, Mitsubishi GT 3000, Honda or Acura NSX and Tom's Castrol Supra (or any supra with upgrades) on GT4 the first car that i owned that i was able to make good money with was a Camaro, i think? i bought it used and put all money into it. you might want to back up your memory card and test out a bunch of cars before keeping them?

pressure sensitive means the more pressure that you put the more response you get. you can use the right thumb stick as if it was the gas and brake pedals. up is for gas and down is for brakes. the X button might be pressure sensitive too? even if it is the range of motion is so small that it would be hard to use in that way.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:44 pm
quote : #6
I was always a big fan of the rally racing in GT3......Mainly because it was the closest thing I could get to arcade handling on the game Mr. Green .
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:44 am
quote : #7
yeah you slide all over the place drifting. the snow is really good for that.