Page Location: Home > Support > LAN Tunneling > Topic
worlddriver32
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:03 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hello everyone, I am having trouble getting Jak X racing to connect via LAN over XLink Kai. I have a slim PS2 and a non-Greatest Hits version of Jak X. I am using XLink 7.3.1.7, and every other PS2 LAN-enabled game I have (Timespiltters FP, Twisted Metal Black, etc.) works perfectly fine in a LAN over XLink.

Every other game will say "PS2 configured successfully" once that game activates the network adaptor. But Jak X won't - Jak X will try to connect, then XLink will suddenly say, "PS2 configured *unsuccessfully*" and I can't connect with my friend in the game over XLink.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the proper connection mode in Jak X - "Exhibition-->LAN". (I am not choosing the menu option "Online", etc. because I know the servers are shut down. I am definitely using LAN.)

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely,

worlddriver

noonotthat
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:55 pm
quote : #2
you need to make a separate connection setting fro jak x on lan using the setup on this website
Posted:
Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:46 am
quote : #3
i use my normal xlink configuration to connect. the one i use for all LAN games, so i don't think you need to have a separate setup for jak x? is your memory card configured so that jak x has its own setting noonotthat?

lazybum
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:10 am
quote : #4
For me, themytho, and noonothat an auto network config doesnt work for Jak X: Combat Racing on Xlink. I don't know why this game doesnt work with that, but using this guide you can create a separate network configuration that will allow you to play Jak X online over Xlink. Just name it something so you will remember what it is for.

http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_getonline.php#6

The guide for this starts at number 6.
Posted:
Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:34 pm
quote : #5
lazybum wrote:

that's what i am talking about. i use the same one for all xlink games, not just jak x. i still don't understand what you guys are talking about Question

worlddriver32
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:06 pm
quote : #6
Thanks, everyone. I got Jak X working perfectly over X-Link! I was previously using the automatic IP settings for my other PS2 LAN games, but Jak X needed manual settings. Particularly what did the trick was using the weird IP address the X-Link site <url> generated from my PS2's MAC address. But it worked perfectly.

What a fun game! Great multiplayer!

Thank you!

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:43 pm
quote : #7
Laughing I wish my xlink troubles could be solved that quickly
Posted:
Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:55 am
quote : #8
To: No_Limits,

I've spent many hours trying to get X-Link to work properly, and now I finally have all my LAN-capable PS2 games working great. Maybe I can help you out?? Just post any difficulties you're currently having and I'd be glad to help if I can.

worlddriver