1, 2  Next
jordachejeans
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'd like to organize a game session for wednesday nights throughout the spring to be between 5 and 10 p.m. EST.

I have a headset for PS2, but I am also able to play with Skype on from a laptop. or Ventrillo, or TS, or whatever.

The games I have I'll list in order of preference:

Champions of Norrath
Star Wars Battlefront
Battlefield 2
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Call of Duty 3
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Killzone
Cold Winter

If anyone wants to play these, I'll be available Wednesday Nights!

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:18 pm
quote : #2
I have all of those games except Champions of Norrath and Killzone. I'm usually busy with homework on weekday nights, but not always. I may be available sometimes.
Posted:
Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:03 pm
quote : #3
I'd definitely be willing to play you in Battlefield, but I'm also really curious what Champions of Norrath is like online. You don't have a jabber ID do you?
Posted:
Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:31 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
i have:
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Call of Duty 3
Star Wars: Battlefront 2

PAL versions

jordachejeans
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:55 am
quote : #5
What's a jabber ID?

I just looked it up and it looks like it's something with Jaconda.im, which is a minimum $10/month?

Champions of Norrath is pretty much exactly like Diablo was online. You can import single player characters and play online with friends. Games cannot be created unless 2 or more people are in a room, and rooms are client-created, so as you can imagine, nobody is sitting at their ps2 waiting for someone to join their room, the ps2 just isn't that popular anymore, but I'd be more than willing to set up a game of this tonight.

As it gets closer to the time, I'll set up a Ventrillo server or something and re-post here. Is that suitable? or is there a chat client that gets more wide-spread use with onlineconsoles.com?

I have VOIP clients:

Teamspeak

And of course we can use Chatflux.com i guess, then just use the PS2 headsets chat in-game. Chatflux is a free java-based chat client that requires no sing-up, just navigate to Chatflux.com and join specific lobbies and rooms.

Unfortunately, it seems that the Battlefield 2 servers aren't working. I tried to join one the other day and no matter which one I tried to join it said "denied." All of them show 0 players in.

Personally, I would prefer to play Battlefront 1, Call of Duty 3, or Champions of Norrath, if enough people have it.

jordachejeans
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 pm
quote : #6
I should have stated that I'm NTSC.

Sorry about that.

I'll be on Battlefront 1 at 5:00 p.m. EST US time if anyone wants to play. My in game name is theatrical. You'll find me.

Gforce
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:12 pm
quote : #7
I'm basically looking for something like an IM app I can talk to you through. I don't really have any VOIP, but it would make it easier to communicate with you over IM outside the game if anything happens.
Posted:
Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:39 pm
quote : #8
jordachejeans wrote:
Unfortunately, it seems that the Battlefield 2 servers aren't working. I tried to join one the other day and no matter which one I tried to join it said "denied." All of them show 0 players in.

I wonder if the servers are really down for good...I hope to god not yet.

Anyways, I use this http://pandion.im/ to communite with other gamers. You can use a gmail account with it, and it's just a free IM'ing program that lets you talk to anyone else with an @gmail.com or jabber account.
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:42 am
quote : #9
You can do that in the Gmail web mail part. Gmail uses Jabber as their protocol so you can also talk to other people with jabber like @jabber.org etc.

No_Limits
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:41 am
quote : #10
yup
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm
quote : #11
No_Limits wrote:
jordachejeans wrote:

Anyways, I use this http://pandion.im/ to communite with other gamers. You can use a gmail account with it, and it's just a free IM'ing program that lets you talk to anyone else with an @gmail.com or jabber account.

I thought I learned a new word! "Communite." But I looked it up, and the closest real word to that is communise - "to impose communist principles or systems of government on."

IS THAT WHAT YOUR STRATEGY IS?! My mind is open like a sponge, if so.

Anyways, nobody joined me on Wednesday.

Hopefully tomorrow somebody will.

My Gmaili account is jordachejeans.ps2

I'll be on google chat or whatever at 5 p.m. EST tomorrow (wednesday the 26th)

TheMytho
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:31 am
quote : #12
Wednesday nights are not the best time for me, as I usually have a club meeting I attend. What other nights are you free?
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:01 pm
quote : #13
jordachejeans wrote:
No_Limits wrote:
jordachejeans wrote:

I thought I learned a new word! "Communite." But I looked it up, and the closest real word to that is communise - "to impose communist principles or systems of government on."

IS THAT WHAT YOUR STRATEGY IS?! My mind is open like a sponge, if so.

People are too clever nowadays...always see through my "accidental misspellings

Laughing

Anyways, Wednesday's are great for me either. I'm really only free on the weekends though
Posted:
Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 pm
quote : #14
Wednesday are not that great for me; but I might be able to catch you for the last hour or 30 mins (but that's really pushing it for me)
I have
Battlefield 2
Star Wars Battlefront II
Killzone

Battlefield 2 modern combat I just checked and if you had a working ID in that games its still up and running.
RIVR2319
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:00 pm
quote : #15
Do you have to pay for Champions of Norrath? if not I will try to look for it.I have BFII.I will be on.