Topic: Resident Evil: Outbreak

Page 1 of 1
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:05 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Okay, just about everyone knows that this game is going to be online, right?
Well besides that, what I would like to know is where does this fit in the RE series? Does this game have a brand-new story line, or is it a side story like Code Veronica?

Sephiroth Sin
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:49 am
quote : #2
it takes place at the same time RE2 takes place, but instead of being a member of S.T.A.R.S., you will be normal citizens of Raccoon City. its not just pick any character you like and play the game the same way.. every character has their own strengths and weaknesses (example: one could be a lockpick but cant use guns very well, others could be efficient in chemistry and make herbs work better).

the backgrounds arent bitmaps like older resident evil's, they're 3D like code veronica, but thats where the likeness ends.

You dont HAVE to play this game online to beat it, but you can get only a 96% completion rating. the other 4% is online only. and my favorite part: if you get killed by a zombie during online play, you actually become one, and you can go after everyone thats playing!

im really looking forward to this game, as you can probably tell. Smile
Posted:
Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:09 am
quote : #3
Dude, thank you so much for clearing that up for me! That does sound like a tight game! Mr. Green

Suppa Buddha
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:22 pm
quote : #4
Yeah even though I haven't been to fond of the RE games but this sounds fun. You can kill zombies together and if you die you can take your ex-team members down with you.
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:34 pm
quote : #5
This month is going to devour my wallet alone! I couldn't help but add RE: Outbreak on my list. Very Happy It's nice to see this title finally going online. I hope it's for the best, too.