Page 1 of 1
Revers
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:15 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-J
Hi, I'm here for a while because I'm trying to revive the online games that are currently offline, however one has already achieved, is called pro evolution soccer 6 through alternate server, called pes6 club, though he not be completely compatible, able to play without a point, and without lag, now wanted to find out how to put the universal phantasy star, created through the alternate server pc, and maybe the monster hunter, the question is, what is the possibility of you creating a site alternate server, and if I have to create for pes6 all coordinates, have the coordinates of the gate and stun for the server, and have ways of how to apply through the website pes6j that helped get an idea.

Excuse my English I am Brazilian

if you want I can send my message by email will be heard at all rivair.sabino @ itelefonica.com.br

lordnikon
rank 59
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:09 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi Revers. We usually don't allow for this topic to be discussed on the forums, but we can have a small discussion about this here. I'll allow it for now.

Myself and another user here DreamcastTM have been working on a variety of projects related to server restoration, which you can read about here:

http://www.onlineconsoles.com/ofproject/

I did some research, and it seems someone has created a server for Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on the PC.

Does it allow the PS2 version of PES6 to connect?

Has the server software for the PC alternate server been publically released? Meaning, is the software available so you can run your own server?

I have found a few links through searching, but any links you might have that are more official would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here are a few points I need to bring up with regards to restoring terminated online games:

1.) To code a server for an online game one needs complete network packet logs of the game being played online. Without this, it is impossible to get the game back online. PES6 for the PC had a server emulated because a user with programming expertise was able to log network packets and rebuild the server.

2.) The PS2 has another layer for the network connection process called "DNAS". Almost 90% of the games require a connection through Sony's DNAS server. This is "encrypted' and there is no emulation of this server. As far as I know, Konami games like Metal Gear Solid 3 Online had their connections terminated at the DNAS level. PES6 I would assume would be the same.

3.) Even if you had the network packet logs for say Monster Hunter or Phantasy Star Universe, it would still be incredibly difficult to code servers for these games. Very very few "console online" games (meaning non-PC games) have had their online servers or network services reverse engineered. We managed to write a new Master List for Tribes Aerial Assault, however this game does not use DNAS and we captured complete packet logs of the connection process before hand. Also, writing a master list is rather simple rather than coding a more complex online server infrastructure.
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:10 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-J
Good Morning, pes6 about the problem has been resolved, could recover the server back, along with some friends who are part of my group Brazil ps2 online, you can search blogs or orkut, Phantastica star on the universe have discovered the ip it connects and already discovered and could redirect the ip, it even takes a little longer to connect, and gets a lot of time trying to verify, but what is this process that it uses 2 IP, patches and another one for login, I read comments in forums that in some cases alternative server it cancels the connection with the patch and go straight to the login, difficult to access the server alternative min pc, is not the fact that the data be encrypted, but the fact that the server need some code that comes from the PS2, so he could let go.